Turn on thread page Beta

WHY do people become groupies? watch

ReputationRep:
    IMO it is ****ing stupid. I know its mostly girls who do it but this is not an anti women thread guys do too. I like music but following a band around that and trying to hook up with one of them is just weird.

The worst thing is seeing the band members with their model girlfriends or boyfriends and knowing that all those "groupies" have their hopes up in vain and will only ever be a one night stand because they are not "good looking" enough or rich enough realistically for a millionaire musician. It is degrading and they must get jaded.

I dont understand groupies, dont they have self respect?

ReputationRep:
    No they don't have self-respect. They're people with nothing better to do in life. They have run out of things they can themselves achieve so they aspire to be liked by other people who have achieved highly.

Harsh but true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    No they don't have self-respect. They're people with nothing better to do in life. They have run out of things they can themselves achieve so they aspire to be liked by other people who have achieved highly.

Harsh but true.
    Sadly often true yea... tbf some of the "groupies" I know are very musically talented themselves (one of the guys I know was on a BBC programme) but they get so obsessed with bands and the band members probably don't give a ****

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone who grew peas once ... Oops, sorry, misinterpreted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mpagtches)
    I knew someone who grew peas once ... Oops, sorry, misinterpreted.
    i have a pea in my penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meninism)
    i have a pea in my penis
    Good work, my apprentice.
    You are learning well.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's pathetic. Applies to football fans too tbh. People are such mugs.

I think, like someone else said, that they are trying to live through someone else. They (subconsciously) think that if they fawn over someone enough, a tiny little bit of that person's achievements will become their own.

It's called "support" and we all know that "the fans were the most important tonight". HAHA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Yes, it's pathetic. Applies to football fans too tbh. People are such mugs.

I think, like someone else said, that they are trying to live through someone else. They (subconsciously) think that if they fawn over someone enough, a tiny little bit of that person's achievements will become their own.

It's called "support" and we all know that "the fans were the most important tonight". HAHA.
    Exactly if they stop saying that the $$ stops.. so of course they pretend to be "in love with" all the groupies etc.

It blows my mind how people in their 20s can do this, maybe teenagers are understandable

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.