booksandcats
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm not that good at revising unless I have to because revision feels a bit repititive and annoying especially when I don't understand things.
I'm doing Maths, English Lit&Lang, Triple Science, History MW, Geography, Spanish, Business and General Studies. I know that my subjects require a lot of revision especially since I want to get these grades so when would it best to start revising and any tips to make sure that I don't waste time please??
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by booksandcats)
I'm not that good at revising unless I have to because revision feels a bit repititive and annoying especially when I don't understand things.
I'm doing Maths, English Lit&Lang, Triple Science, History MW, Geography, Spanish, Business and General Studies. I know that my subjects require a lot of revision especially since I want to get these grades so when would it best to start revising and any tips to make sure that I don't waste time please??
For maths i have been going on youtube and revising each topic that i find hard on there, there are so many good youtube maths teacher who teach gcse and their videos are like 5 minutes long on average, some are 3 minutes, a full lesson is 30 minutes, that's half of a lesson at school.

for english lit, what i did was write quotes on post it notes and stuck it on walls or your book (took forever and i didnt even look at them much but i still got A*) i also went on Shmoop.com they have so many literature resources such as quotes, and underneath are points and context about them, it really helped me to come up with points for myself
Language is those subject where you dont really need to revise, just have to polish up on grammar and style of writing to suit a piece of writing.

For history, look from the start of your book to the end, turn it into a chronological story: ''The japanese desired the south east asian countries for land however the Americans and british ruled those areas, to overcome this the japanese attacked pearl harbour and as a result, it brought the USA into WW2'' etc

for geography you need to know these things: CASE studies (dont have to use the ones you were taught, if the question is talking about the redevelopment of a city just throw in something sensible like london) learn the processes of rivers/waves/erosion or whatever you're learning, and i think that will cover almost everything, human geography like tourism and population are pretty much common sense.

for science do lots of past papers and mark it yourself, go to school ict room and print them,

i do French and there's not really a lot i do to revise, i learn vocabs and learn grammars rules and phrases from people on the internet. i always get full marks for my course work thanks to those wondeful people who had time to check my paragraphs online xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (16)
16%
No one else does (35)
35%
I'm embarrassed about my background (11)
11%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (33)
33%
We don't use a video platform (2)
2%
I don't have a camera (2)
2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1%

Watched Threads