ReputationRep:
    ???

ReputationRep:
    why are you so bothered by this?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What a lovely "friend" you are

I had really bad depression a few years ago. I had no memory of the last few days. The text messages were there, proving I'd done what my friend claimed said I did. But I don't remember anything, apart from receiving a ****ty text from him telling me to piss off and leave him alone.

I've got a brain injury. I can't for example, remember names. But can remember stuff that happened years ago. It doesn't mean I'm faking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)

I had really bad depression a few years ago. I had no memory of the last few days. The text messages were there, proving I'd done what my friend claimed said I did. But I don't remember anything, apart from receiving a ****ty text from him telling me to piss off and leave him alone.

I've got a brain injury. I can't for example, remember names. But can remember stuff that happened years ago. It doesn't mean I'm faking it.
    Boohoo 💕

ReputationRep:
    So you're an expert on panic attacks and the effects of them then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBNPkid)
    So you're an expert on panic attacks and the effects of them then?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Anyway if you actually read that you would know I was asking if it is realistic.

Can somebody not know the alphabet but know how to use every social media app and can hospitals release somebody within a couple of hours if they have lost there whole memory? can you lose your memory and still cry at a name? It's all very dramatic and surreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilomontari)
    Anyway if you actually read that you would know I was asking if it is realistic.

Can somebody not know the alphabet but know how to use every social media app and can hospitals release somebody within a couple of hours if they have lost there whole memory? can you lose your memory and still cry at a name? It's all very dramatic and surreal.
    Clearly you don't know much about how memory works/ how memories are created and stored. There are varying degrees and types of memory loss and how this affects the person. Why is it really any of your business anyway? Surely if you actually cared about this 'friend' you'd be trying to help them rather than complaining and trying to pick fights with people on the internet? (Any particular reason you edited out your original thread starter by the way?)

ReputationRep:

Hey, I didn't know you had a brain injury, how/what happened?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Hey, I didn't know you had a brain injury, how/what happened?
    It's to do with having undiagnosed epilepsy.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer, YES.

ReputationRep:
    It's to do with having undiagnosed epilepsy.
    Ah right so they weren't full blown seizures that caused the damage?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.