General Chit-Chat For Forumites 2 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hey happy ppl, how u all doing??

after, the last general chit chat thread got so huge, i thought it would be best to start a new one and let the old one drop off. any new ppl are of course welcome to join in the random chat!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi Ollie and Co

It is a pity about A Musical Gal. But let's not start this thread on a depressing note.

hmmmm My Name is Delta Moonshine (laugh and I kill you!). I'm 16 and I live in Wales. I'm awaiting the results of my GCSEs.

I'm Grade 5 violin and a dabble of the guitar. I considering taking Music, French and Maths next year for my ASs.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Other than I don't thing there is much I can say except Hello.

I have to go now. I am not allowed on the computer after 11 normally but I see you all tomorrow.

Sean - I'll sort your avatar and have it to you tomorrow so don't nag people until then. I don't if you have sent it to me yet because my internet connection is very slow at loading pages.

Good Night

Moonshine
Ollie
Rep:
?
hey there moonshine! good to see a new face! good luck for ure interview, im sure ul be fine.

"a musical girl" was very unfortunate, still not sure what happened there, anyway, sleep well and speak soon!
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Welcome to the forum moonshine! Does the moonshine part of your name have any reference to the illegal irish alcoholic drink sometimes known as moonshine (or pochine)?
Ollie
Rep:
?
ive never heard of that drink? y is it ilegal?
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
ive never heard of that drink? y is it ilegal?
Well it's made from potatoes and it comes out very strong (I think 95%+ proof)! My dad's dad used to buy it from the back of the local policeman's car; that was Ireland for you!
Ollie
Rep:
?
well my lovvely girlfiend is half irish and she says that everywhere is a pub in ireland! indeed i went there and there is a pub at the back of really random shops, eg, electrition!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well my lovvely girlfiend is half irish and she says that everywhere is a pub in ireland! indeed i went there and there is a pub at the back of really random shops, eg, electrition!
Yeah there are definitely a lot of pubs in Ireland. It's also probably the only place you can get proper, good, draught Guiness.

However I can't say I've ever found a pub in an electric shop, even in Ireland! The Irish can never be too far from their Guiness, so I suppose it's believable though!
Ollie
Rep:
?
how much better is guiness over there!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how much better is guiness over there!
It's a whole different drink over there! In fact, my dad wants to get a pipe from Ireland to our house supplying Irish draught Guiness on tap 24/7.
Ollie
Rep:
?
lol, hey what do ppl think about making this thread sticky? i would esp like to here from koloth/leekey/d!
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
moonshine (or pochine)?
yes I've heard of that!! It's mentioned in the A-level English play we studied: "Translations" by Brian Freil. I really really really recommend the play. I enjoyed it tremendously. Its all about life in Ireland in 1833, just before the Potato Famine. So interesting. They have a pub called Anna maBriggs (or sumthing like that) which sells 'poteen' or pochine. i luv it when stuff u study relates 2 real life!
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
moonshine is basically liquor. And yes, it is illegal if you are under age, in the US at least. Over here, people used to here alot about moonshine in like the 30's and 40's. It was like a codename for liquor or something. Its kinda funny, well different anyway to here people say they never heard of it before, or only heard of it from other countries. Well living in the US, I here a lot of things in this forum that I never heard of or aren't used to. I guess even though we speak the same language, and even though we are all the same and get along fine, we are different at the same time.
sephiroth11
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
It's a whole different drink over there! In fact, my dad wants to get a pipe from Ireland to our house supplying Irish draught Guiness on tap 24/7.
lol your dad sounds like an alcoholic
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by sephiroth11
lol your dad sounds like an alcoholic
No, he just likes Guiness, he only drinks it when we're in Ireland.
ƒlå®è®
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh boy, so much has happened here since i last came. It seems thats all behind us now. Anyways good morning all and hope you enjoy your day.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not a big fan of Guinness, more into Carlsberg, Budweiser, Fosters, etc.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No the Moonshine part has nothing to do with booze.

I don't know where it comes from.

My interview went terrible. When the lady called my name I walking in and tripped over my shoelace. So much for working as a waitress!

Sean - do you reasile the avatar you have picked is the same as Phil's? I just recieved your e-mail.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I like your avatar, but Sean, please don't copy my avatar, as there's no point, as avatar's are meant to be a means of differentiating people's posts visually, without needing to look at their post or name.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
i dont no whats with that sean guy... just seems to want to couse annoyence!

hey everyone, sorry ure interview didnt go so great moonshine, have they told u yet?

myself, im a kronny kinda guy when it comes to beer
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise