Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know...I'm sorry but this new set up doesn't agree with my brainity...

'mummmmy I don't like it! waaaa' ..ah well...atleast I have worked out how to sign in now but still...it was so much easier before and I can't seem to spot any obvious benefits to the 'improvements' *cough*

Ah vell...I do like this forum...just now I wont be able to use it in the same way/as much probably...

ReputationRep:
    ok im confusd i leave this place fr one measely week when nothin usually changhes n then its all different?!?!?! wheres the 'general chit chat' number 1? wud like toread the endin of it.

i had a brill hol!!! i love the sun!!!! x o x

(Original post by Expression)
    Why isn't this thread in "Chit-Chat"? And why isn't there the set of buttons at the bottom of the page which says "Post Reply" and "New Thread"? Granted you could press reply on the bottom post, but that now automatically includes a quotation of whatever post you press reply to, and although that is really easy to erase (except when excessively long), it will not be so clear to newbies who may appear to be replying to a particular post, rather than the thread in general.
    Thanks for the idea, this has been addded in.

(Original post by Egan1)
    I know...I'm sorry but this new set up doesn't agree with my brainity...

'mummmmy I don't like it! waaaa' ..ah well...atleast I have worked out how to sign in now but still...it was so much easier before and I can't seem to spot any obvious benefits to the 'improvements' *cough*

Ah vell...I do like this forum...just now I wont be able to use it in the same way/as much probably...
    What changes would you like to have made?

The reason for the main change (that is, having the separate sub-forums) was to allow people who are only interested in a particular thing to stick to that thing, without disadvantaging those who were interested in everything (hence the introduction of the front page with the most recent threads).

It also means that should the forum become a popular place to discuss a new topic, we can create a new subforum for that and keep rather than lose those individuals who might have left because they were unable to discuss that topic without intereference from people discussing something about which they were uninterested.

We would still appreciate any suggestions regarding improvements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

First off, I still have not heard about the job so don't ask. I'm pretty sure I didn't get it or I would have heard.

Second, yuck yuck yuck. d what have you done? It took me 5 minutes to work out how to sign in. :confused: I guess you need an A grade average to use UK Learning now! I do, however, like to new Post New Reply page, but another than I have 3 words to say.

CHANGE IT BACK

This is sooooo not right it is making my head hurt with all this new thinking.

Third, I'm under mum's orders to stay off the internet until further notice or I find out about the job which ever comes first. So, I be back when I am. Hopefully, Uk Learning was be back to normal and not this horrible horrible thing! Yuck Yuck Yuck!

(Original post by Moonshine)
    Hi Everyone

CHANGE IT BACK

...Yuck Yuck Yuck!
    I'm really sorry that you don't like it. Can you please explain what it is that you don't like. Is it perhaps:

- The fact that there are now subforums for different topics
    - Other changes have made navigation difficult (please specify)

I thought that we had overcome most of the initial complaints, but it seems that it may not be the case. If you want something altering, please say!

ReputationRep:
    Second, yuck yuck yuck. d what have you done? It took me 5 minutes to work out how to sign in. :confused:
    We've put a more accessible login/logout link at the top right-hand corner of the page, so that should be easier to do now.

ReputationRep:

CHANGE IT BACK

This is sooooo not right it is making my head hurt with all this new thinking.
    Yep I agree. There was nothing wrong with the old forum. Stop medling people and remember simple is the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    See! Even the bloody quotes won't work now. Grrrrrr.

Edit - Er the above won't make sense cos my last post has vanished. I give up.

rahaydenuk: I've fixed your original post for you.

ReputationRep:
    Could you not put a log-in/out icon at the very top of the page, along with the home/search/user cp etc icons? Cos it saves having to write a reply before you can log in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Could you not put a log-in/out icon at the very top of the page, along with the home/search/user cp etc icons? Cos it saves having to write a reply before you can log in.
    We already have a log-in/log-out function at the top of the page, underneath those buttons.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Sorry I was being stupid I have now looked properly and found it!!! Apologies!!!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly thanx for fixing my last post rahaydenuk!

My only problem with the new format is that it before you could look at the first page and see all new posts in the last two days, whereas now you need to browse four sections. It's not a major problem and I'm not really complaining, but I'm a firm believer in the saying 'if it ain't broke....' and it definately wasn't.

I don't think this forum has enough new posts per day (yet?) to justify four sections. Just my opinion though. Some people like it and some don't. You can't please all the people all the time though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing wrong with the old forum. Stop medling people and remember simple is the way forward.
    I agree big time!

D, It is pretty simple what we want. We want our simple, easy to use forum back. Get rid of all this new cr*p and put it back to how it was.

Personally, I'm really considering not using UK Learning. By changing want people liked, you have totally turn this forum upside down. I just don't like this new look and it is such a turn off.

When members see the front page they see confusion. My first thought was When is my favourite thread gone? It took about 5 minutes to find it when normally it would take 1 minute. It took me 10 minutes to find this thread, sign in and read the new posts, normally 5 minutes (because I'm always signed in)

And another thing who decided it was a good idea to make rahaydenuk is mod without asking the forum. First Ollie and Leekey (nice choice there though) and now rahaydenuk. I don't know if it just me but I would like a choice in who is a mod and who isn't because if we aren't careful someone like Sean could end up a mod because our views are not being listened to.

Your wondering why a nobody is saying all this but it has to said. This forum is going downhill big time!

Get the paintbrush out of your ears and listen we hate it we want our forum back!

One last thing, you can ban me for this and I wouldn't care, not one little bit. Your dragging this forum down, d, and excuse me if I jump off this ride before we reach the bottom of the hill.

ReputationRep:
    Big posting from Moonshine, but summing up the general feeling of some of the members on this board, with regards to a number of topics.

I have to agree with the comments regarding the board, and I have posted my response to the members poll, with my comments.

I too noticed that Hayden got moderation powers, and although I can see the reasons that he got this post, his posts are, afterall, intellectual, fair, and complete, it would have been nice if one of the administration/moderation team has posted notification of this on the board - afterall if we don't know that he is a moderator, how are we going to know to contact him if it is needed.

I do not however believe there was sufficient demand for the board to change to its current format - even though VB3 came out, which has made several features useful - this format isn't too clever.

Any increase in post numbers, (if there has been such a thing since the board changed format), will be in somepart down to some peoples initial reaction to what has been done here.

I don't anticipate you being banned, it would be ultimately harsh, and would be an example of the board quieting what they don't want to hear, something that we haven't seen occur.

ReputationRep:
    I don't anticipate you being banned, it would be ultimately harsh, and would be an example of the board quieting what they don't want to hear, something that we haven't seen occur.
    I have, not here on a different fourm. Actually, it was me!

I was kicked out because I made me thoughts very clear about some changes the admin wanted to carry out. A lot of members didn't want them but wouldn't say anything. Let's just say I got a big mouth and so they banned my IP.

But when I checked back a week later on a friend's computer, the changes hadn't been done because there had been an outcry after my ban.

BTW, Expression fancy a game of Soltaire Showdown?

I agree big time!

D, It is pretty simple what we want. We want our simple, easy to use forum back. Get rid of all this new cr*p and put it back to how it was.
    Sorry about this, this has now been done.

One last thing, you can ban me for this and I wouldn't care, not one little bit. Your dragging this forum down, d, and excuse me if I jump off this ride before we reach the bottom of the hill
    We really don't want to ban you, honestly. We appreciate your suggestions and have acted on them.

ReputationRep:
    I agree big time!

Personally, I'm really considering not using UK Learning. By changing want people liked, you have totally turn this forum upside down. I just don't like this new look and it is such a turn off.
    OK...

Firstly, please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems a lot of people are just completely against change of any kind. I'll be the first to admit that there are problems with the new upgrade, but hopefully if we stick together, they can be overcome. There are also many benefits, to which we musn't be blinded.

As I mentioned previously, upgrading the forum would eventually have become a necessity anyway, if continued support, the ability to use forum modifications (or hacks) from the original developers was required and for the patching of security holes in previous versions. Moving to the beta before the full version is released allowed d to test version 3 and get used to it, before he was compelled to upgrade when the full version is released if we want full benefit from the vbulletin community.

When members see the front page they see confusion. My first thought was When is my favourite thread gone? It took about 5 minutes to find it when normally it would take 1 minute. It took me 10 minutes to find this thread, sign in and read the new posts, normally 5 minutes (because I'm always signed in)
    OK, admittedly it may a bit difficult to get around to start with, but surely with time, you'll get the hang of it? It's not that much different, and I know d has been working his socks off to try and make it a lot more like the original version, whilst keeping the numerous advantages of the new version.

And another thing who decided it was a good idea to make rahaydenuk is mod without asking the forum. First Ollie and Leekey (nice choice there though) and now rahaydenuk.
    Ouch.

I don't know if it just me but I would like a choice in who is a mod and who isn't because if we aren't careful someone like Sean could end up a mod because our views are not being listened to.
    I don't think d would be stupid enough to let someone like Sean loose with moderation powers. I think he (d) deserves a little more credit than that.

Your wondering why a nobody is saying all this but it has to said. This forum is going downhill big time!

Get the paintbrush out of your ears and listen we hate it we want our forum back!
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I really feel that you haven't given it much of a chance.

One last thing, you can ban me for this and I wouldn't care, not one little bit. Your dragging this forum down, d, and excuse me if I jump off this ride before we reach the bottom of the hill.
    Why would anyone want to ban you for speaking your mind? I'm sure I speak for all when I say that it's better that people speak their mind than everyone maintained a stiff upper lip.

Having said that, maybe a bit more thanks could be expressed by everyone to d along with any criticisms just to let him know what he does for us is appreciated. I think d has worked very hard to get this upgrade completed with minimal board disruption, and the fact that many people have neglected positive advantages of the new version in favour of listing reams of negativities is sad, to say the least. Along with any negative comments, a bit of positive feedback would've been nice from some people just to let d know that what he's doing is fully appreciated (I'm not getting at everyone or anyone in particular here).

Thanks for listening, and nothing I said there was intended to insult anyone. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, this is just mine.

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...sorry I fell alsleep read that rahaydenuk.

I'm going to be honent seeing that I will not be banned for speaking my mind.

My views on the Mods of this Forum (which I actually know about! :mad: )

D - God of the forum. Secret Weapon - Banning People
    Koloth - Vice God of the forum. Secret Weapon - Words of Wisdom
    Ollie - Colour of the Forum guy. Secret Weapon - Kates?
    Leekey - Comic and general good guy. Secret Weapon - Changing Wording Of Posts

and finally

Rahaydenuk - Who? Secret Weapon - Sending People to Sleep

When Ollie and Leekey were made mods, I was pleased as they deserved it. Ollie brought Colour to the Forum with Avatars and Sig and Leekey brought Humour and being a friend tp everyone before being promoted.

However, you, as far as can see have not brought anything to this forum. I have,though, observe you stucking up to d. e.g.

Having said that, maybe a bit more thanks could be expressed by everyone to d along with any criticisms just to let him know what he does for us is appreciated. I think d has worked very hard to get this upgrade completed with minimal board disruption, and the fact that many people have neglected positive advantages of the new version in favour of listing reams of negativities is sad, to say the least. Along with any negative comments, a bit of positive feedback would've been nice from some people just to let d know that what he's doing is fully appreciated (I'm not getting at everyone or anyone in particular here).
    Big example but home truth time

Nobody liked the changes as far as I can see. Why should we be positive when it wasn't a good change?

If I was to say who'd make a good mod, I'd say Expression. If anyone deserved being promoted its him. He is always around and helping and I'm not just saying that.

I have been honent, this is the way I think and feel. Not a I'm out to get you post.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.