The Student Room Group
covered farm wa
I have a friend who has recently decided that she wants to go to uni. We did a BTEC ND at college together in media and she wants to do business so would probably need to do a foundation year. Can she apply now? Through clearing maybe? Or does she have to wait til next year?
Ta
Emma
xxx

i think she can still apply...i know the last entry date for late applications is 30 june i think...
check out http://www.ucas.com and if in doubt- phone them up and check...
but i'm sure she could sort it so she would still be going in sept/oct this year.
Tell her not to forget to organise her student loan as well!!
:smile:
Reply 2
As ruthie said, you are still able to apply. A friend of mine has just dropped out of medicine and put a late application in to study English. Basically, I think the universities arent obliged to offer you a place as you may have missed their deadlines etc of mid-Jan, but if you contact the ones you are interested in and see their response, you could apply to those that give an optimistic result. I know my friend has received one offer already. Hope that helps.
covered farm wa
I have a friend who has recently decided that she wants to go to uni. We did a BTEC ND at college together in media and she wants to do business so would probably need to do a foundation year. Can she apply now? Through clearing maybe? Or does she have to wait til next year?
Ta
Emma
xxx

Hi Emma, Just to say that i was in the same situation as your friend. I decided after all that i wanted to go to university three weeks ago so i went through that UCAS process and i now have conditional offers from all the universities i had chosen, so its not too late. I dont know about clearing though. I thought you could only use this service if you have applied to UCAS before and you have no offers then clearing is the end result. Its not to late to go through UCAS. Anyway best of luck to your mate.

:wink:
Reply 4
If she needs to do a Foundation Year, Manchester Metropolitan offer them, then a place straight onto a business degree. They always have loads of places left, maybe worth giving them a ring.
Reply 5
i applied at the end of may and i have just recieved 2 unconditionaly offers!!!
so it DEFINATELY is possible to apply now :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending