Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I have been offered a place on a flexible PGCE Science course to specialise in biology (my degree is mainly biology). I have been told that I will need to do a SKE course in physics so that I can teach the subject up to GCSE level. I have some biochemistry in my degree but I feel I also should do a SKE for chemistry (I am a mature student so in need of updating/refreshing).

    I am confused about the length of course I need to do. Some SKE courses are 8 weeks long and others are 32 weeks long. As I plan on working before my first school placement (I work 3 days a week) I am hoping to do the physics course from home (distance learning). Any ideas?

    My PGCE is over 2 years and distance learning (only the placements are full time).

    I am confused over SKE bursaries too. I believe I won't qualify for one as my specialist subject is not physics/chemistry. Is this correct even though the university has made the physics SKE part of my offer?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.