How to choose the perfect campus-based uni? Watch

Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
Does anyone know which unis are campus based but are in a large city? I like the sound of campus unis more but still want the liveliness and fun of a large city.
Thanks!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12284)
Hi,
Does anyone know which unis are campus based but are in a large city? I like the sound of campus unis more but still want the liveliness and fun of a large city.
Thanks!
Ultimately going to visit is the best thing, but Leeds, Birmingham, Queen Mary and Nottingham are all campuses near large(ish) cities
JustGeorgeJ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12284)
Hi,
Thanks!
Hello!

I attending Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln. BG is all campus based. It's a fairly small campus, then again, quite big at the same time. Accommodation is on site as well as all lecture rooms and subjects housed on the campus. It's a beautiful campus as well!

At the same time, Lincoln is a five minute walk down the road and is fairly lively and to be honest, a 'student run' city.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
Ultimately going to visit is the best thing, but Leeds, Birmingham, Queen Mary and Nottingham are all campuses near large(ish) cities
Thanks! Do you know any more closer to the south?
Mr.wong
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
kingston, King's college, UCL, Greenwhich, surrey, UWE, Bristol... Just have a look on Google, there are tons of university that's near a large city.
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12284)
Bristol and Nottingham? There aren't really many large cities in the south, and you'll get a better experience at Northern unis so it might be worth considering them a bit more.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr.wong)
kingston, King's college, UCL, Greenwhich, surrey, UWE, Bristol... Just have a look on Google, there are tons of university that's near a large city.
thanks! but I'm looking for campus based unis in a large city as it sounds more fun with a stronger comnunity feel inside the campus.
Mr.wong
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12284)
thanks! but I'm looking for campus based unis in a large city as it sounds more fun with a stronger comnunity feel inside the campus.
I went to an open evening for UWE and they are on the out skirt of Bristol, 5 miles from bristol actually and they have a pretty good campus. A lot of my friends go there so It must be good.
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sussex. Small, friendly, contained campus surrounded by the South Downs but about 30 minutes bus journey to central Brighton.
Meninism
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Bristol and Nottingham? There aren't really many large cities in the south, and you'll get a better experience at Northern unis so it might be worth considering them a bit more.
why
username1528889
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I chose Liverpool.

I'm from the area so used to the city, but the university is contained within a campus, literally within the streets of Liverpool. You can walk down a hill and be in the main shopping district (L1), or sit in the public parks and revise. It's a beautiful city, brimming with fascinating architecture...i'm a fan.
username1528889
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Meninism)
why
Price/party ratio i suppose.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12284)
I'd forgotten Sussex, but Birmingham and Nottingham and even Leeds aren't that far on a train from London at least, obviously a bit further if you live further South. And yeah UWE, otherwise most of the southern uni cities/towns are smaller- Bourmouth, Canterbury, Colchester, Exeter, Penryn, Winchester,
Southampton, Portsmouth and Cardiff aren't campus unis (and Portsmouth is a smaller city anyway).
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Meninism)
why
There's a greater choice of Northern city-campus unis, they're bigger, they're cheaper to live in, greater mix of people. And if you come from the South it gives you somewhere a bit more different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads