The Student Room Group

Marriage abuse and break up ?

Ive been speaking to a good family friend of mine from India, a few years ago she had a very awful marriage which resulted in a lot of abuse to her and her children. Prettty sad if you ask me. She hasnt really spoken about it many people since it happend it happend a few years ago.

She came out about it to me and said how she was happy untill she got married, and how it upset her and now she's quiet. I told her I will always be there for her and I will and we are close as friends and have a lot of trust. She was also saying how no one really supported her about it except for me, when she said that I felt for her I was really upset. Im thinking about her a lot and how she feels and how she's getting through. I think her parents spoke to her a bit but not a lot, I mean its hard. But the good thing is she came throught to me.

I really hope she's ok, I mean she's the most sweetest girl I know and didnt deserve this. I really want to give her a hug but im here in the UK.

What can I do to help her ? Also make me feel a little better :frown:
Reply 1
Bump
At the moment keep doing what you're doing

Maybe spend time with her more. You said she's quiet and not happy anymore. Remind her of who her old self is. It's v easy to forget.

Good luck :smile:
Just keep being there for her
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
At the moment keep doing what you're doing

Maybe spend time with her more. You said she's quiet and not happy anymore. Remind her of who her old self is. It's v easy to forget.

Good luck :smile:

Its hard to spend time as she's in a different country ? Did you mean like message/call ?
Original post by Anonymous
Its hard to spend time as she's in a different country ? Did you mean like message/call ?

Yeah I meant like Skype and stuff. Calls may be better because he might check her texts or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been speaking to a good family friend of mine from India, a few years ago she had a very awful marriage which resulted in a lot of abuse to her and her children. Prettty sad if you ask me. She hasnt really spoken about it many people since it happend it happend a few years ago.

She came out about it to me and said how she was happy untill she got married, and how it upset her and now she's quiet. I told her I will always be there for her and I will and we are close as friends and have a lot of trust. She was also saying how no one really supported her about it except for me, when she said that I felt for her I was really upset. Im thinking about her a lot and how she feels and how she's getting through. I think her parents spoke to her a bit but not a lot, I mean its hard. But the good thing is she came throught to me.

I really hope she's ok, I mean she's the most sweetest girl I know and didnt deserve this. I really want to give her a hug but im here in the UK.

What can I do to help her ? Also make me feel a little better :frown:

DONT DATE HER.

This has hero complex written all over it. You want to rush in sweep her off her feet on your knightly steed and solve all her problems.

Just be a friend until shes settled and then see where she goes
Reply 7
Original post by angelcake123
Yeah I meant like Skype and stuff. Calls may be better because he might check her texts or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no, the marriage is over for 2 years now, the guy really abused her it was like she had no escape. But like she said she had no support from anyone and I was the only one who gave her support when i met her.

Cant believe with such a big family no one really gave a **** for her. Poor thing:frown:
Reply 8
Original post by silverbolt
DONT DATE HER.

This has hero complex written all over it. You want to rush in sweep her off her feet on your knightly steed and solve all her problems.

Just be a friend until shes settled and then see where she goes

No never thought of dating her, lol I understand what you mean. End of the day she's like a sister, she's a family friend you see. I know its absurd but I was thinking if she wants maybe I could bring her from India to the UK. So we can be here for her, she also has uncles here too. Some Indian families are like that. ie have people from back home living with them.
Reply 9
Is it normal for me to feel upset for her, for some reason I feel bad if she tell me things its good at least she's opening up to me however, sometimes i'll get a try in the eye thinking about her. I guess since no one else was there for her I really want to be. I dont like her like that btw.
BUMP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending