Turn on thread page Beta

Can you work on coursework with another student? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Me and my friends (only 2 of us are doing art gcse) are considering doing a humans of new york-style photography project around our city. Do you think we would be allowed to submit it as coursework if we developed the photos a little and worked on them? My friend is considering painting the photographs we take and I'm not sure how I would develop them - probably incorporate the quotes from the interview into a drawing or something.
    Anyway I'm in y10 and the exam board is OCR if that helps! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t0liveandletg0)
    Hey! Me and my friends (only 2 of us are doing art gcse) are considering doing a humans of new york-style photography project around our city. Do you think we would be allowed to submit it as coursework if we developed the photos a little and worked on them? My friend is considering painting the photographs we take and I'm not sure how I would develop them - probably incorporate the quotes from the interview into a drawing or something.
    Anyway I'm in y10 and the exam board is OCR if that helps! Thanks!
    You will have to sign a declaration that your coursework is your own unaided work, and it will be pretty clear that there are great similarities between your work and your friend's . Get some guidance from your teacher about how to proceed, but don't take any chances. The exam boards are pretty strict about cancelling grades if they believe cheating has taken place, and while I don't believe for a minute that this is your intention, it won't look that way to OCR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You will have to sign a declaration that your coursework is your own unaided work, and it will be pretty clear that there are great similarities between your work and your friend's . Get some guidance from your teacher about how to proceed, but don't take any chances. The exam boards are pretty strict about cancelling grades if they believe cheating has taken place, and while I don't believe for a minute that this is your intention, it won't look that way to OCR.
    Ugh that blows. Okay well thanks for letting me know, that does make sense!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.