Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, so I don't know if this is the right sections or not but too late now!!

I have been browsing my student finance thingy and trying to work out a budget.. My maths sucks so basically, I need one of you clever nerds to double check it for me...
    (For installment 1... 21st September-11 January. 16 weeks. I worked it out for 17 weeks to have emergency money left over!)

Incoming:
    -Loan: £1335.51
    -Grant: £1129.00

(That's £2464.51, right?)

Take away my rent (£1442.42)

(That's £1022.09 left, yeah?)

Divided by 17 (weeks) = £60.12 per week!!!

Please tell me I haven't totally messed this up!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by amylou12345)
    Ok guys, so I don't know if this is the right sections or not but too late now!!

I have been browsing my student finance thingy and trying to work out a budget.. My maths sucks so basically, I need one of you clever nerds to double check it for me...
    (For installment 1... 21st September-11 January. 16 weeks. I worked it out for 17 weeks to have emergency money left over!)

Incoming:

that sounds about right (good decision finding somewhere with such cheap rent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    that sounds about right (good decision finding somewhere with such cheap rent)
    Thanks! I'm actually just staying in my unis cheapest halls xxx I thought it sounded quite expensive! Haha xx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks! I'm actually just staying in my unis cheapest halls xxx I thought it sounded quite expensive! Haha xx
    Noooo that is very very cheap for student halls, definitely not expensive

ReputationRep:
    Also yeah that maths sounds right.
    I've got a google docs excel spreadsheet of my yearly budget if you want a template to go off of.

Edit: just realised this was for first instalment and not the whole year :' ) so if you saw my comment on how cheap your rent is, ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I've got a google docs excel spreadsheet of my yearly budget if you want a template to go off of.

Edit: just realised this was for first instalment and not the whole year :' ) so if you saw my comment on how cheap your rent is, ignore it
    neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerddddd

ReputationRep:

Incoming:

Now the really hard part is sticking to your budget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerddddd
    Sent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

Hi sophie would you be able to share the spreadsheet you made please?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.