Kira Yagami
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone. I would love some advice with AQA Biology ( the hardest exam board for biology, no question). Please tell me how you did in each unit and tell me what books you used to revise with, did you take notes, did you do all the current spec past papers and the old spec past papers, did you do the questions in the books you used, did you do any other questions other than past paper questions? Please could you be specific. I really need some help, I really appreciate it!
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kira Yagami)
Hello everyone. I would love some advice with AQA Biology ( the hardest exam board for biology, no question). Please tell me how you did in each unit and tell me what books you used to revise with, did you take notes, did you do all the current spec past papers and the old spec past papers, did you do the questions in the books you used, did you do any other questions other than past paper questions? Please could you be specific. I really need some help, I really appreciate it!
I spent more time doing questions and used the pdf notes on TSR (didn't like the textbooks, though I do recommend the CGP books)

I focused on separate topics per week and did topic based past paper questions (you can get it from sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com). You could also put your topic name on Youtube and watch tutorials (which are very helpful). Also use quizlet to make flashcards.
Kira Yagami
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
I spent more time doing questions and used the pdf notes on TSR (didn't like the textbooks, though I do recommend the CGP books)

I focused on separate topics per week and did topic based past paper questions (you can get it from sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com). You could also put your topic name on Youtube and watch tutorials (which are very helpful). Also use quizlet to make flashcards.
Thanks. Could you please send me a link to all the notes you used to revise. Also what questions did you pracitice, just the ones on the website you linked? also did you do all the current spec past papers?
MLDuffy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! If you get the AQA biology revision guide, I have found that to be really good, highlight as you go because it makes sure you're paying attention and is easier to revise from later. Flash cards are always great. Colour coding is something that is proven to be useful and time table revision and fun to get organised!
Also these guys: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6...YBQ0ip5gyeme-Q
Kira Yagami
Rep:
?
(Original post by MLDuffy)
Hey! If you get the AQA biology revision guide, I have found that to be really good, highlight as you go because it makes sure you're paying attention and is easier to revise from later. Flash cards are always great. Colour coding is something that is proven to be useful and time table revision and fun to get organised!
Also these guys: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6...YBQ0ip5gyeme-Q
Thanks!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Biology-.../dp/0748782753
Is the book you used for AS and A2? ( And of course the A2 is different but was the same brand)

Also did you do any other questions other than past paper questions, like did you do the questions in the book you used, like the green and red ones and the end of chapter questions.
MLDuffy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is a good one but this was the book i was thinking of: http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-2015--Le...ion+guide+2015

I do in guide questions and past exam papers. "An exam question a day keeps the U away" - quote from teachers
Kwaks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kira Yagami)
I used the CGP revision guide and made flash cards using the revision guide. Then did every past paper hope it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads