Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from Coventry University about having alternative accommodation in Perry Barr(Birmingham) , tours are this morning and on Sunday would anyone consider this ?

ReputationRep:
    I have a room at CLV Birmingham if you want to consider that? It's a 20 minute walk from New Street Station and all bills included

ReputationRep:
    How much would the rent be a month, are you also a first year Coventry student ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastMinuteDude)
    Got an email from Coventry University about having alternative accommodation in Perry Barr(Birmingham) , tours are this morning and on Sunday would anyone consider this ?
    Yep I just came back from a tour today looks really nice and there is that university atmosphere going on in the halls

ReputationRep:
    I lived in perry barr, near the alexander stadium at a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BouhG)
    Yep I just came back from a tour today looks really nice and there is that university atmosphere going on in the halls
    are you considering going with it then ? did they mention how long it will take to get to coventry university from perry barr ?

ReputationRep:
    are you considering going with it then ? did they mention how long it will take to get to coventry university from perry barr ?
    Yh I am definitely going with it, and the woman said about 20mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BouhG)
    Yh I am definitely going with it, and the woman said about 20mins
    i went today the woman told me 20 mins aswell but it can't be that quick from what i worked out it could be anything from 45mins to an hour 10 mins to get to the Perry Barr train station from the coppice 10 mins train journey to New Street from Perry Barr5-10 mins waiting for Coventry train20 mins train journey to Coventry from New Street10-15 mins walk from Coventry Train Station to University Total is 50-60 minutes which feels like a commute imo , which is why i probably won't go for it shame aswell the halls were really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastMinuteDude;[url="tel:59327041")
    59327041[/url]]i went today the woman told me 20 mins aswell but it can't be that quick from what i worked out it could be anything from 45mins to an hour 10 mins to get to the Perry Barr train station from the coppice 10 mins train journey to New Street from Perry Barr5-10 mins waiting for Coventry train20 mins train journey to Coventry from New Street10-15 mins walk from Coventry Train Station to University Total is 50-60 minutes which feels like a commute imo , which is why i probably won't go for it shame aswell the halls were really nice.
    Really? Ahhh damn I don't know then that's still takes less time for me I live in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BouhG)
    Really? Ahhh damn I don't know then that's still takes less time for me I live in London
    I will phone Coventry University and confirm with them how long it will take but 20 mins just seems to good to be true

ReputationRep:
    I will phone Coventry University and confirm with them how long it will take but 20 mins just seems to good to be true
    The train from New Street is at least 20 mins and that's only if you catch the Virgin train to London Euston if it's running on time. Even then, that's only the journey to Coventry, from Coventry Station it's another 10-15 mins walk to the University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compact)
    The train from New Street is at least 20 mins and that's only if you catch the Virgin train to London Euston if it's running on time. Even then, that's only the journey to Coventry, from Coventry Station it's another 10-15 mins walk to the University.
    exactly its basically a commute which is why I never went for it

ReputationRep:
    Perry Barr is too far, you better find a place in coventry.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.