Confused about S1

Watch this thread
thavmasto
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've just started S1 and I'm on Chapter 4 right now, compared to C12 and M1 I am so confused... can someone help me out? (just explaining or sending me your notes)
Jokernaut218
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Don't Worry, S1 is really easy. It just takes a while to understand the logic behind it.
S1 is more formula centric as opposed to S2 and the other math modules. So learn the formulas well. It would also be helpful if you learned the statistical theory given in each lesson.
username1893177
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I second what jokernaut said; really, don't worry. I took AS further maths, and out of C1, C2, S1, D1, M1 and FP1, by the exams, I definitely found S1 the easiest. That being said, when we started the S1 course, I honestly was in the same position as you. What exam board are you? I'm OCR, and I found the mathshelper notes I got off the internet a lot more helpful than the CGP revision guide - search mathshelper S1. Even if you're not on OCR, I'd look at those anyway and cross check with your syllabus. The other thing is past papers; I know you hear it a lot, but past papers are amazing. In my mock ASs I got a C in maths. I went away, did loads and loads of past papers and got 295/300, including 97/100 in S1, so honestly, even though S1 seems so awful at first, once you get it, it's completely fine.
AGalletly
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Use Examsolutions

It helped me, it may be able to help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads