Turn on thread page Beta

What are my legal rights? - Gym temporary closure? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying £40 a month for my gym membership but it's due to close for 3 weeks.

I'm not particularly happy with this as I'm now effectively looking at a £30 loss through no fault of my own. I don't have access to a car, so using the group's alternative gym sites is not an option.

Am I able to claim a refund for this period or will I just need to suck it up?

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume you are entitled to a refund or something like 3 weeks extra added onto your membership for free. Just email them saying you're not happy and see what they say, worry about legal rights if they get difficult. In the first instance it's generally better to appeal to their sense of customer service

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.