Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to achieve a high A for Economics and possibly A*, my AS economics results were 86% on Unit 1 and 86% on Unit 2, so 86 UMS on both papers. Would anyone recommend to retake AS and try to achieve 95% or more, or rather focus strictly on A2 exams to achieve higher marks there?

ReputationRep:
    No need at all to resit, like literally none

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    In what way would resitting benefit you? It wouldn't at all especially if you're aiming for an A*

ReputationRep:
    no benefit of resitting.. are you aware of how you achieve an A* because it seems like you aren't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member1753327)
    Bump
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    In what way would resitting benefit you? It wouldn't at all especially if you're aiming for an A*
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    no benefit of resitting.. are you aware of how you achieve an A* because it seems like you aren't
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    Elaborate

ReputationRep:
    Don't resit lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member1753327)
    Elaborate
    I will for them. To get an A* you need 80% over both years and 90% at A2, as you are already above the 80% resitting is pointless as you are already miles above the only pre requisite to getting an A*. All resitting would do is act as a distraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I will for them. To get an A* you need 80% over both years and 90% at A2, as you are already above the 80% resitting is pointless as you are already miles above the only pre requisite to getting an A*. All resitting would do is act as a distraction
    wouldn't it make getting an A easier though because if he gets 95 ums in as then he needed 65 ums in second year for an A grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    wouldn't it make getting an A easier though because if he gets 95 ums in as then he needed 65 ums in second year for an A grade
    Yeah but if you're aiming for A*s you kind of assume they can get the 480 UMS for it I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Yes but it is arguably harder to get from 85 to 95 at as than it is to get from 65 to 75 at a2. Plus the additional stress of doing 2 extra exams is likely to have a negative effect on their a2 exams.
    That being said I retook unit 2 of my as economic and improved from 75ums to 97ums, but that resit had no effect on my overall grade (a*) because without the resit I still got over 80% over the 2 years and the added stress of the extra exam wasnt great.

ReputationRep:
    What exam board?
    I'd say probably not but my teacher does say that for anyone with a UMS below 90 retaking unit may be beneficial and you wouldn't have to do any revision as unit 4 is all the same stuff just in more depth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 4, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.