Turn on thread page Beta

How much a month do you pay for your phone? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had my rubbish Samsung for over 2 years and have always payed £20 a month for unlimited every thing. Looking at new phones, seems if I want a new phone with similar data limits etc I'm looking at £45+ which seems extortionate! Or is that quite reasonable amount these days?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I've had my rubbish Samsung for over 2 years and have always payed £20 a month for unlimited every thing. Looking at new phones, seems if I want a new phone with similar data limits etc I'm looking at £45+ which seems extortionate! Or is that quite reasonable amount these days?
    my little nokia 106 costs me nothing as the last top up i had was in november and i haven't had any credit since
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    £17 for an iphone 5c

ReputationRep:
    These days, that's perfectly normal.

I pay £65/month atm, and it looks like my new tariff on the 6S+ will be similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    25 a month but that's because my contracts finished so I have a sim only. Before that, it was 36 a month. Gonna upgrade when the new iPhone comes out
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    £25 per month.

ReputationRep:
    £12.50

ReputationRep:
    Is buying a phone outright not an option? I would stay on your current contract as £20 for unlimited everything is pretty sweet, if you move to a new contract you'll have to move to a capped plan or pay through the nose as you have already discovered. There are loads of awesome phones out there for £150-£300 right now that include last year's top of the line flagships, check out my Buyer's Guide for some ideas

ReputationRep:
    I bought my phone sim free for 150 yo yo's more or less. so about 10 euro a month with max 5 euro a month top up so works out 15 yoyos a month with phone and gets cheaper the longer I hold onto it...so over the time period I hope to have it for..maybe £10 a month?

so yeh delighted with phone. particularly suits me and Im not a massive spender when it comes to using up my credit on payg

ReputationRep:
    Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho

ReputationRep:
    £34.50. Insurance included.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho
    i just joined 3 and i got the £8/mnth its quite reasonable tbh if you buy your phone with cash, btw i have a lumia 625 quite outdated though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedfordays)
    i just joined 3 and i got the £8/mnth its quite reasonable tbh if you buy your phone with cash, btw i have a lumia 625 quite outdated though
    I bought an unlocked Lumia 920 when it came out at the tail end of 2012 and have regretted it ever since 😩 I'd have preferred to buy the phone with cash and stay with 3 but it would mean saving up for another couple of months, which would have meant using the phone for another few months which I love myself too much to do

ReputationRep:
    £10 700 mins, unlimted text, 4gb data - sim only, prefer to buy my phone(s)..cheapo Chinese i- well, iphones are made in China too lols

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    I bought an unlocked Lumia 920 when it came out at the tail end of 2012 and have regretted it ever since 😩 I'd have preferred to buy the phone with cash and stay with 3 but it would mean saving up for another couple of months, which would have meant using the phone for another few months which I love myself too much to do
    lol its quite reasonable but no one wants an ugly phone in front of their mates, im soo embarassed with my phone rn and i have to change ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedfordays)
    lol its quite reasonable but no one wants an ugly phone in front of their mates, im soo embarassed with my phone rn and i have to change ASAP
    Your mates won't care what phone you're using, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    I paid for my z3 by cash in a store... But every month £12 for the bills

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £13 a month but I'm on a sim only deal. I get 4GB data, unlimited texts and 600 mins every month and I am with Three. I bought my S4 second hand for £100 a few months ago when my old phone broke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevePownall)
    £10 700 mins, unlimted text, 4gb data - sim only, prefer to buy my phone(s)..cheapo Chinese i- well, iphones are made in China too lols
    so where do you buy and how much are they in cash
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    £15

Hate my HTC, want to change it asap :lol:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.