Turn on thread page Beta

English GCSE remark took just 2 days to get result - suspicious? watch

ReputationRep:
    My partner got a B in the GCSE english exam, she was just 1 mark short of an A, so she paid the £45 for a remark. We went into the college to hand in our remark form aswell as my form to pay for the copies of my marked GCSE English and Math exams.

Two days later we received the remark result at home in the post. Her mark was reduced by 1, so her grade did not change and thus the £45 remark fee was not refunded.

According to information I can find online the average time for a GCSE remark is 10-11 days. I also still have not received my marked exams copies even though we handed in our request forms at the same time.

One would think a remark would take longer to get back than a photocopy of an exam paper. It seems odd that the remark was able to be one so quickly. Upon handing in the remark request to the college, they would have had to sent the request to the exam board on the same day, and the exam board would have had to have completed the remark on the same day, and then had the result back to the college by the following morning, who then would have had to instantly sent us a next day delivery letter informing us of the result. It all seems very unlikely.

Anyone else wonder if they even bothered to remark the work at all and just put the mark down by 1 because it doesn't effect anything that way?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm00)
    Anyone?
    Photocopies will not be released yet but, yes, some remarks come very quickly. If you check on the exam board website they will give the date when photocopies will be released.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised as that implies fraud on behalf of the board, rather than laziness on behalf of a marker.

I don't know how marks are done but wouldn't be surprised if remarks at this time of year were fast tracked, in the old days the bundles were delivered in bulk to teachers around the country by a parcel company but suppose there may be a system for scanning and emailing?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.