The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I too am a fan of Cameron coz I like the fact he's such a goody goody! long live goodliness! lol. i give him the sensibility vote!
Cameron?! :rolleyes:

To be honest though, they're all a bit boring this year! I don't really have a preference :tongue:
Reply 3
Originally posted by Surfing Hamster
Cameron?! :rolleyes:

To be honest though, they're all a bit boring this year! I don't really have a preference :tongue:

what r u rolling ur smiley's eyes for? lol. yeah, i know this is the most boring bb yet, but once i started watching it, i just could not stop. its so addictive. its so annoying coz all my friends got me into it, at a time when i thought it was dull, and now that i'm thoroughly addicted, they've all changed their mind and have stopped watching it!! why is it that teenagers are so indecisive!
Reply 4
I have to confess I'm not a big fan of BB, as I find it kinda annoying, and pointless.

Phil
LOL I shouldn't really call it boring seeing as I'm going to the final evictions in Elstree on Friday! I'm only going for Tickle, though :wink:
Reply 6
Have fun.

Phil
Reply 7
I honestly and truly do not understand the appeal of the tickle. i see him as a boring and arrogant knowitall whos being particularly nasty to my beloved cameron at the moment!! lol. he can make even something as interesting as lord of the rings sound like a snooze! it must b his teacher-like quality!
Reply 8
Originally posted by PHIL
I have to confess I'm not a big fan of BB, as I find it kinda annoying, and pointless.

Phil

Ditto. And this year from what I have heard they have found some amazing dull people.
Reply 9
Yeah but be honest, wat really normal people would want to spnd that amount of time in a house full of complete strangers, who are mainly wierdos, whilst being filmed 24hours a day.

Phil
Reply 10
Originally posted by PHIL

Phil

Yeah, of course reality tv is all annoying and pointless. Mainly the shows that try to find people husbands and wives. I mean, what kind of person feels like they would have a better chance finding a mate on tv than in real life. After all, real life is where all of the real people are. Not that those on tv aren't real, you just can't help but wonder if they're so great, why haven't the found a spouse already. And they must have some kind of hidden problem to go on tv in the first place.
Reply 11
True, but just how real is the situation of Joe Millionaire?

Phil
Reply 12
It's absolutely fake
Reply 13
What I meant was, how many blokes find themselves in his assumed position? Therefore is it a true duplication of reality? As it isn't why is it called reality TV?

Phil
Reply 14
I guess even though it isn't actually reality, how everyone reacts to the situation is. There are no scripts, that we know of, so what happens and how everyone reacts is how a real person would react, that is as far as they're concerned at least.
So to sum it up, they are real people dealing with not so real situations. But they do have real feelings and real thoughts and they are real pains in the ass. When put together, reality tv is born.
Reply 15
i want cameron to win, because he is just so sweet. i don't get he jon thing, i find him really obnoxious and haven't watched it since he came back in. this year has been so boring- i watched it at first but have now completely stopped. i do still watch BBLB tho- dermot rocks!

lou xxx
Reply 16
Originally posted by cricket
I guess even though it isn't actually reality, how everyone reacts to the situation is. There are no scripts, that we know of, so what happens and how everyone reacts is how a real person would react, that is as far as they're concerned at least.
So to sum it up, they are real people dealing with not so real situations. But they do have real feelings and real thoughts and they are real pains in the ass. When put together, reality tv is born.

Nicely put.

Phil
Reply 17
I certainly havn't been drawn in to the Big Brother thing this year- and it seems it has lost much of its popularity of previous years...do you think they will just keep making them?
Will there be a BB 2004?
Reply 18
I reckon that sadly there probably will, until there are like 0 viewers, cause now they've found something, they want to exploit it.

Phil
i reckpon no because theyve obviously had shite ratings this year cos they had to pull so many publicity stunts (africa, tickle back, all the reward room crap) yet still hardly anyone watches it. the key to its success is the contestants and this years have all been pretty dull. even if jade was the most annoying person ever at least she was more entertaining than watching cameron reading the bible...

the only ok bit this year is ray cos hes well funny wen he gets pissed cos he has a stress at the slightest thing. it would have been well good if him and tickle had a full on fist fight wen drunk lol