Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT - practicing & scoring system: how to know if you're doing good watch

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you know whether you're doing well during practising.

All my friends have got reasonable good scores (some exceptionally good), however, whilst practising, I can't seem to get above 50% and I don't seem to be getting any better.
    Is there any way to convert my percentage into an actual score - to see where I am and how much work I've got to do. And also so that I know whether to change my tactics.

My exam is in 2 days time - I'd really appreciate any form of help!

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really a way of knowing I'm afraid, I'd say what worked for me was finding ways that worked for me with each section.
    I ended up with:
    VR-540
    QR-740
    AR-710
    DA-710
    and band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisthemenaced)
    There isn't really a way of knowing I'm afraid, I'd say what worked for me was finding ways that worked for me with each section.
    I ended up with:
    VR-540
    QR-740
    AR-710
    DA-710
    and band 1
    those are good scores, congratulations!
    everyone's been getting in the 500 region for VR, that's by far my worst section.
    Thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiana_dee)
    those are good scores, congratulations!
    everyone's been getting in the 500 region for VR, that's by far my worst section.
    Thanks anyway!
    Thank you! Do you have your techniques down for each section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisthemenaced)
    Thank you! Do you have your techniques down for each section?
    well I went on a Kaplan course and got a few tips from there, but nothing seems to be working - i just can't answer all the questions (in VR and QR esp) in time! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think you find flagging is your friend in both of those sections! They are so irritating for their timings! I'd say don't expect to finish them and I know I certainty didn't but what I did was like 3minutes to the end go and guess all the questions you have remaining so at least you can gain some extra points.

In QR try and eye ball and estimate answers because you save bundles of time doing that!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.