Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I hope this isn't a dumb question but:

I am considering A level PE as I'm interested in the human body and its athletic abilities....the problem is I'm pretty crappy at most sports. If I'm not mistaken, the new specification from AQA for AS PE requires the assessment of a candidate's performance in one activity.

My question(s) is, what is acceptable as an activity choice? Do candidates even get a choice? I'm practically worthless at team based sports but I guess I'm good enough at powerlifting, which is a sport technically. Is it possible to use that as a choice?

As far as powerlifting goes, if I drop down to an 83kg weight class and maintain my strength, I'd be an *okay* competitive junior (167.5kg squat. 105kg bench press. 195kg deadlift, 200kg soon).

Also, does competence even matter in this case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T800)
    Hello. I hope this isn't a dumb question but:

I am considering A level PE as I'm interested in the human body and its athletic abilities....the problem is I'm pretty crappy at most sports. If I'm not mistaken, the new specification from AQA for AS PE requires the assessment of a candidate's performance in one activity.

My question(s) is, what is acceptable as an activity choice? Do candidates even get a choice? I'm practically worthless at team based sports but I guess I'm good enough at powerlifting, which is a sport technically. Is it possible to use that as a choice?

As far as powerlifting goes, if I drop down to an 83kg weight class and maintain my strength, I'd be an *okay* competitive junior (167.5kg squat. 105kg bench press. 195kg deadlift, 200kg soon).

Also, does competence even matter in this case?
    While you cannot do powerlifting as such (squat,dl,bench), you can do olympic lifting(snatch+clean and jerk). These 2 lifts would have to total 179kg for full marks. Good luck.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.