Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Started my first sketchbook on Monday and I chose to study space (god knows why) and I've started to slowly link it to area 51 and I really don't know how to develop it next. I'm hoping for an A in this book can anyone suggest any ideas for me to consider, including any experimentation.

Thank you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing it for A level but i did very well in it for gcse and I think one of the best things to do if you're aiming for a high level is to link your main theme to more absurd ideas. For example, you could try painting a portrait where a galaxy is inside someone's eyes and there are stars in their hair etc. Or you could do something based on perspectives where you draw a pair of glasses in the centre and paint a normal environment around them such as a park or town but through the glasses lens you could paint 'space' and include planets and asteroids and stars etc. Orrrr you could paint something such as an apple and include a bite in it where there is a galaxy inside the bite. There are many ideas but i'll stop here before I go too ott :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceReynolds16)
    Started my first sketchbook on Monday and I chose to study space (god knows why) and I've started to slowly link it to area 51 and I really don't know how to develop it next. I'm hoping for an A in this book can anyone suggest any ideas for me to consider, including any experimentation.

Thank you!!!!
    I thought you meant the other type of space I'm sure your Art teachers would let you change topic, as you've only just started as I think you can't do much with this topic. If you don't want to change, start on thinking what exctly interests you about space and area 51? With space, you could also link it with the theme of time.

You could take the approach of looking into people's perceptions of alien. For this you could create your own alien and spaceships.

Also, you can try and make your own 3D planetary system, of which plamets are orbiting around a person (illustrating on how people think they are the centre of the universe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    I'm not doing it for A level but i did very well in it for gcse and I think one of the best things to do if you're aiming for a high level is to link your main theme to more absurd ideas. For example, you could try painting a portrait where a galaxy is inside someone's eyes and there are stars in their hair etc. Or you could do something based on perspectives where you draw a pair of glasses in the centre and paint a normal environment around them such as a park or town but through the glasses lens you could paint 'space' and include planets and asteroids and stars etc. Orrrr you could paint something such as an apple and include a bite in it where there is a galaxy inside the bite. There are many ideas but i'll stop here before I go too ott :P
    Thank you sooo much for these ideas they're amazing - especially the one about stars and galaxies.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 13, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.