Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I met a girl online around 6-7 months ago now and we hit off great, eventually got together and became an item in April.

At first I was ecstatic, having been single for over a year previous and being so alone during that time, literally no other female contact and hardly going out (no friends), I was more than happy to find some company again. My weekends were and are now taken up with her and I have absolutely no problem with it. We've been on holiday and had many days out together. We have never argued, we get on fine and everything is great.

Now for my problem. I don't find her as attractive as I did and the more I think about it the worse it gets. She's really pretty, a little overweight, but she was when I met her and it really didn't bother me (please don't blow this out of proportion). She more than makes up for it in her wonderful personality and kindness. But because of this I hardly want to get intimate with her anymore. We hug and cuddle but hardly have sex or even snog for that matter! I'm 23 and she's 20.

I feel like I should break it off but I know I'll miss her like mad... I'll be back to square 1 again spending every day staring at 4 same walls being depressed. I hardly have any friends or ever go out. She's so good to me I feel like I'm gonna lose an absolute gem. But then it's not fair on her. Shes loves me like crazy, doesn't stop telling me, she got really upset when she had to go on holiday with her family for 2 weeks in July.. I don't want to put her through it. I'm such an idiot, I feel like I'm stringing her along...

firstly i had this problem too so im not judging

in my case i ultimately decided to look past his looks for his personality. if you miss her so much, is that hard to do?

ReputationRep:
    you could remain friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    you could remain friends
    I'd want that, not sure how she'd take it though...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.