Turn on thread page Beta

Songs to never sing at a Karaoke? watch

ReputationRep:
    I always like having this coversation with people about songs that should never be sung (or attempted to be sung) at Karaoke's

my short list

1) Any rap or hip-hop song - time and a place for them and a Karoke bar is neither in my opinion Rap and Hip-Hop have no place in a Karaoke (whether you can rap or not) just no
    2) If your a guy NO QUEEN, JOURNEY OR MJ unless you're sure you can hit the high notes or are able to sing them an octive or two below
    3) The blatannt sexual song - need this need any explanation
    4) If your a girl no Whitney Huston unless you can also hit the notes
    5) The underground songs that have (in the grand scheme of things) a niche following

Like to hear your thoughts

In case anyone is wondering yes i have sung in front of people before and i actually tried to sing not only a MJ song (Earth Song) but also Let It Go, i did ok, but i know there were very ballsy songs to sing esp as i'm a guy who get stage fright makign my vocal chords restrict, there making it impossible to sing high

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Yeah it would be a very one sided performance

ReputationRep:
    Take your Daughter to the Slaughter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Take your Daughter to the Slaughter
    I'm an Iron maiden fan and i didn't know that was a Maiden track, i'm so ashamed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    I'm an Iron maiden fan and i didn't know that was a Maiden track, i'm so ashamed
    :spank:

:headbang:

ReputationRep:
    why no rap songs? they can be fun especially the famous ones and then people can sing / rap along! its fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    why no rap songs? they can be fun especially the famous ones and then people can sing / rap along! its fun
    Cos no-one knows em and doesn't get em moving, plus the person 'singing' them can never rap well

Spoiler:
    Show
    I also HATE Rap and Hip-Hop, it's not real music in my opinion

Don't stop believin' or any other journey song.
    Bohemian Rhapsody. No just no. Freddie rolls in his grave every time some drunk murders it.
    Summer nights + most other grease songs
    Beyonce songs (minus single ladies)
    Songs that have unclean vocals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Don't stop believin' or any other journey song.
    Bohemian Rhapsody. No just no. Freddie rolls in his grave every time some drunk murders it.
    Summer nights + most other grease songs
    Beyonce songs (minus single ladies)
    Songs that have unclean vocals
    First 2 are covered in my initial point but why the duet song in there? Too Cliché?

(Original post by Tomsta)
    First 2 are covered in my initial point but why the duet song in there? Too Cliché?
    :yep:
    It's over done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    :yep:
    It's over done
    True, but it's gotta be a breath of fresh air when two people can actually sing it well

ReputationRep:
    'All Day', espically if youre not black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    'All Day', espically if youre not black.
    i agree, you wont get anywhere
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but it would be hilarious if some white punk tried it

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of karaoke is that it's a bit of laugh and an opportunity to let your hair down and take the mick out of each other. As soon as there's some absolute wet taking themselves far too seriously and rolling their eyes when someone picks something that's not well known, too well known, too hard, too easy it just ruins the vibe.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.