The Student Room Group

Best high-end foundation?

I am thinking of investing in a high end foundation for special occasions. Any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's your skin type?
Reply 2
Original post by thecatwithnohat
What's your skin type?

Pretty normal,get a few little breakouts and only get a little oily on my t-zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ab992502
Pretty normal,get a few little breakouts and only get a little oily on my t-zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of brands I'm not quite sure for you, because we haven't got the same skin type :lol:

But what I do know for sure is that when you do eventually decide on the brand, get an oil-free/oil absorbing loose powder (pressed powder is good too but is slightly heavier, and I'm assuming you'd want to achieve the natural look) that will absorb the oils and will control your shine in those areas throughout the day.
Reply 4
Original post by thecatwithnohat
In terms of brands I'm not quite sure for you, because we haven't got the same skin type :lol:

But what I do know for sure is that when you do eventually decide on the brand, get an oil-free/oil absorbing loose powder (pressed powder is good too but is slightly heavier, and I'm assuming you'd want to achieve the natural look) that will absorb the oils and will control your shine in those areas throughout the day.

I use blotting sheets and powder anyways😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Estee Lauder Double Wear LIGHT
NARS Sheer Glow is my absolute favourite, I own 3 shades and can't be without.

I've tried the Double Wear and found it looked too cakey but I haven't tried the light one yet so that might be better!
Illamasqua Skin Base.
My al time favourite foundation is Bobbi Brown Skin foundation, its beautiful, light, and just leaves you with perfect looking skin, although if you'd like more coverage, NARS Sheer Glow is a great option, and although I've not tried it myself yet, the new Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Foundation is meant to be amazing.
Reply 9
Without a shadow of a doubt estee lauder double wear. I use the max coverage one in the blue tube. Probably the highest coverage foundation on the market. I get compliments on in practically every day.
Would avoid Bobbi Brown foundation, Nars and Mac.
Reply 10
Lancôme Teint Idole is probably my favourite. Giorgio Armani luminous silk is also pretty good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nars sheer glow is my absolute favourite! Couldn't go a day without it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest