Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying event and venue management starting October and I haven't found one person that is going to be in the first year. I'm just wondering if some of the classes will be mixed with other students studying similar things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting international hospitality management, from the looks of it some of my modules are based on tourism and events not sure if any lectures are mixed with other courses though.I don't see much about my whole course when here or fb I'm starting to think I'll be the only one there!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did think that! I hope there mixed so there's more people to meet. I know I haven't found one person on here or Facebook that is doing my course so I think I could be the only one lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll be mixed with events students, hospitality students, international hospitality students, tourism and sports management students some lectures will be in just your own subject, but most share modules.

I found it hard last year to find people in my course. I promise you you won't be alone though!

In my block on Facebook there was another event management student going into his first year katecoll he was looking for people too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplelamp)
    You'll be mixed with events students, hospitality students, international hospitality students, tourism and sports management students some lectures will be in just your own subject, but most share modules.

I found it hard last year to find people in my course. I promise you you won't be alone though!

In my block on Facebook there was another event management student going into his first year katecoll he was looking for people too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good then! No way what block are you in on Facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barlow86)
    I'm starting international hospitality management, from the looks of it some of my modules are based on tourism and events not sure if any lectures are mixed with other courses though.I don't see much about my whole course when here or fb I'm starting to think I'll be the only one there!
    Hi I am on the international hospitality course too. I cannot enrol on my modules yet can you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be starting my first year in events and venue management in October aswell. When I went to the open day the person I spoke to said it's a relatively small course and usually have no more than 20 people on it. So I assume it probably will be mixed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Abigail, no not able to yet either,our course has moved from Walsall campus to the new business school building this year that's not complete yet though,I went to one of the pre inductions they are holding last Friday and asked what's going to happen about it.theyve said that the building is running 3 weeks late and we'll find out more in welcome week but our lectures for a few weeks will be in the different buildings on city campus untill the new building is finished.
    Looking forward to seeing you there my names Emma!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barlow86)
    Hi Abigail, no not able to yet either,our course has moved from Walsall campus to the new business school building this year that's not complete yet though,I went to one of the pre inductions they are holding last Friday and asked what's going to happen about it.theyve said that the building is running 3 weeks late and we'll find out more in welcome week but our lectures for a few weeks will be in the different buildings on city campus untill the new building is finished.
    Looking forward to seeing you there my names Emma!
    Hi Emma, you are more in the know than me! I am at the pre induction tomorrow and yes I was hoping to find out some more info. I'll pm you and let you know if I hear any news tomorrow. I have spoken to our tutor and she hopes to get our timetable ready for next week for the induction. Looking forward to getting going now! Speak soon!

ReputationRep:
    The pre induction was really handy they give you plenty of advice and answer all the questions you have, I've felt a lot better since I went Friday.also if you haven't had you're ID check done yet take ID with you they will do that while you're there.My uni pass came through the post today and it's my last day at work fri so I'm getting excited now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2015

University open days

1. University of Wolverhampton
    3 main campuses: Wolverhampton City, Telford and Walsall Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.