The Student Room Group

Migrants

Scroll to see replies

Sorry for diverging, but I just wanted to address a lot of questions asked in one long go :smile:
Reply 421
It's one of the times you stop to think before replying because it seems just as a troll. But I will say my opinion about everything what has been said here if someone is interested. Before I even start I want to say that I am a foreigner from EU (Baltic region) myself. But I migrated to Great Britain completely legally. I study, and work here. I am very grateful to people of this country to even accept me. They gave me a loan for my studies, I have money, food and place to sleep. They have very delicate and interesting culture and country is just astonishing beautiful. And how after so many things you can say a word about them being intolerant and stuff like that. They just want to save they culture and asure they are safe. Of course everywhere are people who will hate you because of yours nationality or colour and it is because people are ignorant piece of ass. And you will never change that even if you use your god (yes it has to be lower case) or talk a lot about that. About taking refugees in your house. Even if you would like to take any strangers from 3rd world country and even they are 'your' people it's impossible unless you are very very wealthy. There should be organisations sponsored by goverment to do that. That means building homes, and providing food for them. And that leads to tax increase. And that may lead to social problems and finacial instsbility, eventually evolving in riots. Second thing: have you ever wandered why you even have to consider doing that. I mean why 3rd world countries does not try to climb off they misery pool they are in? It's because they don't want to. They perfectly fine with how they are. Syrians used to live like travelers all the life without settlements. Africans was never growing crops and buildind factories. They are ok how they are. It seems for us that their lifes are dreadfull and awful but they were living like that all the time. Like Chinese and Japanese was hard working and very economically strong countries centuries ago. And you guess what. They still are like that. And now by trying to help them (I mean 3rd world nations) we don't really help them. We just letting their problems to spread in our countries. There is a good Chinese saying: give a man fish and he will be satiated for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will never be hungry again. By giving tons of food to Africa we will not solve hunger problems. By sending our troops to Afganistan we will not stop war. We have to teach then how to grow food and how not to bloody kill each other. At some thing we are not better than they are but how one of the guys here said EU is now is peaceful. And I think all of us wants to let it be like that. For how dumb humans can hold that peace afterall. And about racism and ethnic intolerance what I think this post was really about. We are all living in 21st century. I have two hand two legs and a head. I hope you are the same. Does it really matter what colour and in which language we speak. How we shake hands and how we pray. What our gods said to us. Can we just, like unite a bit, to conquer space time and immortality. Nowadays person is given so much: internet, unlimited acess to books and terabytes of informations. But he just spend his life by being ignorant full of **** being. Sorry for bad grammar and spelling.
Original post by NishaaaR
I'm not the one abusing/insulting people - I can handle it very well.

Stop leading this double-life now, please.

inb4, you're all Syrian haters.

:yy:
:yy:
Perhaps, if I had the resources to, why not?
yes, but only girls. and i want to handpick them too
No because there is already too many people living in my house as it is
Original post by alexschmalex
LOL, let's take a look, shall we?

Spoiler

Some quotes I didn't bold because the whole thing was rude and unnecessary imo. You keep going on about how people are "attacking" you while in reality, you've been drawing first blood in many cases. Don't cry about getting hit by a dirty snowball when you're the one that peed in the snow, even if people on here are being as rude as you're claiming they are, simply be the better person instead of being a bitch.

If you want to help migrants then great, that's amazing that you're doing something. Seriously, if you are legit and not a catfish then I'm glad there's people out there looking out for others in such a massive way. If you don't want to help homeless people, then that's fine, you're like 99% of the people out there. Still, there's no reason to act like you're some superior being and that only your cause is just. Just as you don't have to explain yourselves to us, nobody has to explain their reasons to you. It doesn't make us white supremacists (I'm black ffs), it doesn't make us Arab haters, it just means we're different, and that's a symptom of being a regular human being.

I personally wouldn't take anyone into my home. I'd try to set them up with a group or organization that specializes in that, but right now I don't have the space or money to do it, and when I have a family, I don't want my kids to have to grow up hearing about the horrors a house guest went through back home. Does that make me a worse person than you? Not at all.

One of my life dreams has been to see my home country of Cameroon lifted up from a corrupt 3rd world country to a 1st world one. I'm gonna work my ass off and do everything I can to make it a better place, does the fact that I wouldn't take a refugee now so that I can work towards a world where refugees stop existing make me a person that hates all refugees? Nope. Stop using what people say on TSR as outlines for their personality and filling in the gaps with your personal bias, it's not a good way to get anything across, especially a message on an issue as important as this. Have a good night :smile:

inb4 "you have too much time on your hands"

A bunch of rabid dogs on this thread that cant have a reasonable mature debate.
Original post by Imperion
Please read what I told the above user. Sure, you're doing this with a great motive backing you but you don't know what's backing them.

Used as in exploit or used as in attached to parents?
I didn't say I disliked them,just because I don't want to help the homeless Brit people assume so.
Original post by queen-bee
I didn't say I disliked them,just because I don't want to help the homeless Brit people assume so.

People assume so because you clearly don't feel an affinity with the British people.
You use our infrastructure - if not benefits, then you occupy a house, use our roads/transport network and I'm sure you use a GP at some point.
Yet you are clearly not grateful for us letting you stay in our country and would rather care for your "own" Syrian people - you live in Britain, BRITISH people are your own people. Or perhaps not for you, you ungrateful white-hater. (Yes I can throw insults too!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by phoenixsilver
People assume so because you clearly don't feel an affinity with the British people.
You use our infrastructure - if not benefits, then you occupy a house, use our roads/transport network and I'm sure you use a GP at some point.
Yet you are clearly not grateful for us letting you stay in our country and would rather care for your "own" Syrian people - you live in Britain, BRITISH people are your own people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blood is thicker than water. Go and help your own.
Original post by queen-bee
Blood is thicker than water. Go and help your own.

No - YOU are the one preaching about accepting people into your home. You are ignoring my point.

I am asking YOU why you won't accept British people - considering you are in OUR country using OUR infrastructure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No offence but that's kind of stupid.

Yes, obviously.
Original post by Sinzo
Look at the posts at the start or my post in this page. She didn't specify she'd only take migrants. Someone else did for no apparent reason, which is why this started.

You don say?
Original post by phoenixsilver
No - YOU are the one preaching about accepting people into your home. You are ignoring my point.

I am asking YOU why you won't accept British people - considering you are in OUR country using OUR infrastructure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did I ever use the word no? You keep asking the same question over and over again. I didn't say I wouldn't and you don't know if I have in the past. Also I don't answer to little kids
Original post by Betelgeuse-
So you have never used the NHS? You were never educated here? Never been sick?

Nice teeth btw, courtesy of the British taxpayer I presume

My basic rights. I can use the education and healthcare system as I wish.

My teeth are always maintained well.
Brutality #2

Yeah, Serah. Why? Y u so salty? Y u gotta be so ru- salty?

Spoiler

I'm totally crying over what a little girl on an Internet forum thinks of me. Boo hoo. Let her ass stay salty,seeing as she has nothing better to do and hasn't been able to make a single post on topic but would rather be bitchy.
No, l wouldn't. I have no home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
No, l wouldn't. I have no home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending