Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for my accommodation with Tocil as my first choice, specifically a single-sex area (female). I finally received my offer only to find that I'm in Rootes which doesn't offer single-sex accommodation :-(...

Is there anyone who is willing to swap a room in Rootes for a single-sex accommodation in Tocil, I will also consider single sex accommodation in other types of accommodation.

Thank You :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammore)
    I applied for my accommodation with Tocil as my first choice, specifically a single-sex area (female). I finally received my offer only to find that I'm in Rootes which doesn't offer single-sex accommodation :-(...

Is there anyone who is willing to swap a room in Rootes for a single-sex accommodation in Tocil, I will also consider single sex accommodation in other types of accommodation.

Thank You :-)
    Im really surprised the uni didn't acept your request. Unfortunately, I cant help you but I can give you some advice.

If you join the Tocil Halls Society Facebook Page im sure there will be people willing to trade to Rootes if you ask because I know a few people yesterday were asking to swap into Rootes from various freshers groups

There is a chance that your accommodation may still be single sex because we dont actually know our room allocations inside the hall yet and there has been quite a few strange offers this year such as twin rooms in sherbourne (a first) and twin ensuite rooms in rootes (rare). Potentially you could switch to a twin room which of course would be single sex if that helps at least?

Otherwise, try your best to switch but be careful that you dont end up in a Tocil non single sex area if the person you are trading with didnt request this.

In the meantime I would contact the uni too and express why you need a single sex area and hopefully this can be amended before we start term.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Twin rooms in Sherbourne have always happened btw - they were in use in my first year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)
    Im really surprised the uni didn't acept your request. Unfortunately, I cant help you but I can give you some advice.

If you join the Tocil Halls Society Facebook Page im sure there will be people willing to trade to Rootes if you ask because I know a few people yesterday were asking to swap into Rootes from various freshers groups

There is a chance that your accommodation may still be single sex because we dont actually know our room allocations inside the hall yet and there has been quite a few strange offers this year such as twin rooms in sherbourne (a first) and twin ensuite rooms in rootes (rare). Potentially you could switch to a twin room which of course would be single sex if that helps at least?

Otherwise, try your best to switch but be careful that you dont end up in a Tocil non single sex area if the person you are trading with didnt request this.

In the meantime I would contact the uni too and express why you need a single sex area and hopefully this can be amended before we start term.

All the best
    I was surprised when I got the offer, as I thought the uni would take these things into account, but some people ended up getting their fourth choice. I found it weird how people who didn't even put Tocil as their first choice ended up getting whereas others (me) missed out :-(...

Thank you for the advice :-) I think I may try to swap rooms after uni starts since there isn't much that I can do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammore)
    I was surprised when I got the offer, as I thought the uni would take these things into account, but some people ended up getting their fourth choice. I found it weird how people who didn't even put Tocil as their first choice ended up getting whereas others (me) missed out :-(...

Thank you for the advice :-) I think I may try to swap rooms after uni starts since there isn't much that I can do now.
    The uni says that if it is to do with welfare or medical reasons then a swap can occur before term starts. I think if you can make a compelling case it could be changed prior to the start of term on welfare grounds

ReputationRep:
    I will definitely try to call them as soon as possible and see if anything can be done. I really hope that they will be willing to swap me into another room, thank you for telling me that :-)

(Original post by Age)
    The uni says that if it is to do with welfare or medical reasons then a swap can occur before term starts. I think if you can make a compelling case it could be changed prior to the start of term on welfare grounds

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I don't know if this is of any help as I'm a boy, but, I've been offered a room in Tocil and would prefer rootes so perhaps with some swapping around Warwick Accommodation could work something out?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Thank you for the offer :-), but I specifically want a single-gender (female) flat. If you find out that you're the only boy in the flat, then I would love to swap :-). I really hope Warwick Accommodation would be able to work something out.

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.