The Student Room Group

Buying out a business, business qualifications

If you was the owner of a large company and somebody approached you and made an offer to buy your business, even if they offered you an amount you were more than satisfied with, would you only sell the business to them if they could show business qualifications, or would you just simply take the money and let them have your business?
Original post by pinkteddyx64
If you was the owner of a large company and somebody approached you and made an offer to buy your business, even if they offered you an amount you were more than satisfied with, would you only sell the business to them if they could show business qualifications, or would you just simply take the money and let them have your business?

It really depends on the business. It's such an open question. Can you be more specific? i.e nature of the industry

What tends to happen is when you sell the current owner offers gratitude and stays on in order to train the new owner or is appointed to the board etc.
Original post by Bill_Gates
It really depends on the business. It's such an open question. Can you be more specific? i.e nature of the industry

What tends to happen is when you sell the current owner offers gratitude and stays on in order to train the new owner or is appointed to the board etc.

A business like a college or university or maybe a manufacturing business. :smile:
A business like a college or university or maybe a manufacturing business. :smile:

Business, Uni yes i'd like to see qualifications and that an adequate job would be done.

Manufacturing no but i would stay on for a few weeks to make sure the switch over is smooth.
Business, Uni yes i'd like to see qualifications and that an adequate job would be done.

Manufacturing no but i would stay on for a few weeks to make sure the switch over is smooth.

It's just that I was speaking to someone from senior management at college last week and I jokingly asked them how they'd react if I offered to buy out the college and they said well for starters, no matter what amount you offered I would insist on seeing business qualifications. :rolleyes:
It's just that I was speaking to someone from senior management at college last week and I jokingly asked them how they'd react if I offered to buy out the college and they said well for starters, no matter what amount you offered I would insist on seeing business qualifications. :rolleyes:

Yes for the nature of that business. She's right.
Yes for the nature of that business. She's right.

But surely most people would care more about the money?! :rolleyes:
But surely most people would care more about the money?! :rolleyes:

not necessarily for that industry.
not necessarily for that industry.

If I was able to offer say £250 million though.............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending