PS4 or study? Watch

fluxanda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in my second year of 6th form (doing A2 exams this year) and sadly i didnt do too well in my AS levels. I only achieved 1/3 of my wanted grades for my chosen subjects.

So down to the question, im currently a PC gamer, but im in thoughts of buying a PS4. I did own a xbox 360 back in the day before the PC. PS4 have epic exclusives/single player games and the majority of my friends use this console. Im in the edge, i really want to buy the ps4, however im afraid it will drag my grades down further.

what should i do? Buy now and play whenever i can or just study until exams?

EDIT: If i think about pricing, if i only play the PS4 ~3-4 times a week, would it be worth it? It costs approx. £350.
Punkrockfan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Study of course. You said you didn't get the grades you wanted so instead of buying a distraction, go study and improve your grades.
ImNotReallyMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
both, it'll only bring your grades down if you let it

if you didn't buy a ps4, you'd find any other excuse not to revise if you weren't feeling that strongly about it in the first place

so find a way to get yourself to revise, and play some ps4 in between
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want to achieve something in life, you are going to have make some sacrifices. Playing PS4 will not make any worthwhile effect in your life, but your A levels grades will and they will stay with you for a lifetime...
fluxanda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
both, it'll only bring your grades down if you let it

if you didn't buy a ps4, you'd find any other excuse not to revise if you weren't feeling that strongly about it in the first place

so find a way to get yourself to revise, and play some ps4 in between
Instead of playing my PC, i would replace that time with the PS4, but i'm just thinking whether just playing it would result in me not wanting to work/getting addicted . After all, i am dedicated to pushing my grades up anyway i can, and i do separate time for study.
Freudian Slip
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're concerned that you won't be able to balance your time effectively, I vote study! Thing is, if you follow a pretty decent schedule, you should be able to mix 'business and pleasure' and find a comfortable balance between the two.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You won't be able to just study until May anyway. Even if you did somehow manage to spend every day studying, most of it would become procrastinating. All the time watching cat videos, scrolling through Facebook and Googling the history of bridges in San Francisco could've been spent having fun, playing.

In truth, GCSEs, A Levels, Uni, they don't take all day every day throughout the year. They're just stretched that far because **** you that's why.
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would suggest buying the PS4 after your exams, because then you will have something to look forward to. If you buy a PS4 before your exams, like me you would want to play it every single day, and you might get heavily distracted.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fluxanda)
I'm in my second year of 6th form (doing A2 exams this year) and sadly i didnt do too well in my AS levels. I only achieved 1/3 of my wanted grades for my chosen subjects.

So down to the question, im currently a PC gamer, but im in thoughts of buying a PS4. I did own a xbox 360 back in the day before the PC. PS4 have epic exclusives/single player games and the majority of my friends use this console. Im in the edge, i really want to buy the ps4, however im afraid it will drag my grades down further.

what should i do? Buy now and play whenever i can or just study until exams?

EDIT: If i think about pricing, if i only play the PS4 ~3-4 times a week, would it be worth it? It costs approx. £350.
I am a PC gamer so I say play PC . However because of A levels I havent even touched my steam library .

however I suggest that you dont buy a PS4 and play your PC only after you have done work for the week and done hwk. So maybe just play on the weekends after studying?

Was your PC a major factor in you doing bad at AS if so I suggest you dont buy a PS4 especially because of the peer pressure

also your PC specs and your a level choices?
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do what I did when I got a wii I passed my HND and then got the console as a kind of reward for all my hard work so basically wait until the summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
FOXDIE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have a great control about what you do. You can get a ps4 and only play it once a week or so. As a "break".
But if you don't and easily cave in. You really should focus on your Alevels and wait on that ps4.

You pretty much only get one chance at Alevels.
But you can game whenever. Like people say you can go "crazy over the summer holidays."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (16)
23.53%
No (52)
76.47%

Watched Threads