Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So soon I will be under going what is described as "complex surgery" on my teeth. My teeth are VERY crowded, they are just awful. The reason for this is because my mouth is smaller than the average persons, so my teeth dont have a lot of space to fit in line. In order to get braces I need to undergo surgery in which a few baby teeth will be removed, but what makes this "complex" is that they want to remove adult teeth under the gums, so ones which have not come through. This involves cutting the gum and removing two teeth. Im scared of this the most.

During this surgery I will be under IV sedation, which is something else which terrifies me.

This is the only way I can get straight teeth- is it worth it? If it was you would you go for it?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not happy with your teeth, go for it, that's what I would want. You would be unconscious so you won't feel anything. Plus as you stated, "this is the only way".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    If you're not happy with your teeth, go for it, that's what I would want. You would be unconscious so you won't feel anything. Plus as you stated, "this is the only way".
    I would be partially conscious. Im SO insecure with my teeth, but I need to get past my fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryKenry)
    I would be partially conscious. Im SO insecure with my teeth, but I need to get past my fear.
    Exactly, fight your fear. It will only take a little while.

ReputationRep:
    So soon I will be under going what is described as "complex surgery" on my teeth. My teeth are VERY crowded, they are just awful. The reason for this is because my mouth is smaller than the average persons, so my teeth dont have a lot of space to fit in line. In order to get braces I need to undergo surgery in which a few baby teeth will be removed, but what makes this "complex" is that they want to remove adult teeth under the gums, so ones which have not come through. This involves cutting the gum and removing two teeth. Im scared of this the most.

During this surgery I will be under IV sedation, which is something else which terrifies me.

This is the only way I can get straight teeth- is it worth it? If it was you would you go for it?
    Absolutely definitely. Crowded teeth are going to cause you problems for the rest of your life. This will be over in a matter of weeks, or more likely days.

ReputationRep:
    If your dentist is well thought of and you can trust him (and it sounds as if you can) then go for it. :teeth:

If you have serious doubts, ask for a second opinion. :holmes:
    But straight teeth look so nice :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Absolutely definitely. Crowded teeth are going to cause you problems for the rest of your life. This will be over in a matter of weeks, or more likely days.
    A part from self esteem, what sort of problems can crowded teeth cause?

ReputationRep:
    A part from self esteem, what sort of problems can crowded teeth cause?
    Greater problems with tooth decay as you can't clean them properly. Aching jaws from an awkward bite.

ReputationRep:
    Greater problems with tooth decay as you can't clean them properly. Aching jaws from an awkward bite.
    Cleaning them is awful, I have yellow linings in the corners, not because I dont brush them but because of how hard it is. I know I need the surgery, Im just going to need to brave it.

Tanx for advice.

ReputationRep:
    Cleaning them is awful, I have yellow linings in the corners, not because I dont brush them but because of how hard it is. I know I need the surgery, Im just going to need to brave it.

Tanx for advice.
    No problem. If you need further persuasion, remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrpUSKE9p_M

ReputationRep:
    No problem. If you need further persuasion, remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrpUSKE9p_M
    The joke is my teeth are far worse than those picture ahaha

ReputationRep:
    The joke is my teeth are far worse than those picture ahaha
    Then you must be a brave little soldier and have the surgery and in no time your teeth will be like this smiley:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.