Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so everyday I have to walk up this hill to college. When I reach the top of said hill, I'm the only one that`s sweating and red faced. I am plumper than the people I walk up with, but I`m fitter than most of them. I run three times a week and sail, and walk often. Is it just down to me being plumper than the rest of them, therefore I heat up quicker? Any advice on cutting down the sweat and redness, except for wearing lighter clothes?

ReputationRep:
    The answer to all your queries is probably contained in "I am plumper than the people I walk up with". You are having to do more work to raise your body mass vertically up the height of he hill, which produces heat. Also, the surface area to volume ratio decreases as your weight goes up, so it is harder to radiate heat or lose it by evaporation.

Lose weight and you'll do less work, generate less heat and lose more easily the heat you do generate.

ReputationRep:
    God be with you lad!

ReputationRep:
    Sweat and red facedness is just an individual thing. I don't sweat that much but if I run around and it's warm my face will go bright red. Most people I know don't really get any pinkness to their face when playing sport, even though I am fitter than them. It's just genetics

ReputationRep:
    You should vist a doctor. Extra sweat and redness may be caused by some health problem.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.