The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nika15
I got this email too, my heart stopped thinking it was an invite/rejection!

Same here.
But I think, we will not receive any decision till New Year.
Original post by Oliver_1_2
When I sent off my application on 23rd October, 6 days later I got an email from UEA saying that my application may be considered as part of a gathered field. That is all I have heard from them so far!
Do you know why they can't tell you until February?

They said they still have other applicants to interview so cannot make a decision yet
Original post by Physio1998
They said they still have other applicants to interview so cannot make a decision yet

Ah, I haven't even had an interview so that's why I don't have it. Yeah, a lot of universities do that, they interview more than the places they have, so they wait until they have interviewed all, and then give out offers to the best.
Original post by Trouble234
Hi all, I am also off to study physiotherapy this year. I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Teeside, Bristol, and Liverpool and got 4 interviews and 3 offers. If anyone wants any advice on any of these unis or the application process feel free to ask.

Did you get an offer from Brighton? If so did they ask for ur documentation for work experience. As I will not have a weeks worth prior to the interview. So didn't know whether to exaggerate how much I have done.
Hi all,

I have had an offer from Sheffield Hallam however it's for Physical Activity, Sport and Health and not Physiotherapy.
Anyone ever heard of a university sending you an offer for a different course?

Thanks
Did you get an offer from Brighton? If so did they ask for ur documentation for work experience. As I will not have a weeks worth prior to the interview. So didn't know whether to exaggerate how much I have done.

Hiya I have also had an interview at brighton and have had an offer. I was in a similar situation and had work experience still happening after the interview. It wasn't a problem, but with every answer you say cram in every possible bit of work experience you have done, its all good dw!
Original post by Andyuk1275
Hi all,

I have had an offer from Sheffield Hallam however it's for Physical Activity, Sport and Health and not Physiotherapy.

Thanks

Yes some unis do this if your application wasn't sufficient for them to interview you for physio. Try to get feedback on what was wrong so if you have no luck this year, you know what to improve :smile:
Has anyone had an offer from liverpool yet??
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi, I got invitations for interview as well. It’s look like early Christmas present :smile:

Regarding to your question, I heard some of the universities propose alternative courses.
Original post by libby.2015
Has anyone had an offer from liverpool yet??

Not yet! I had an interview on the 4th of November and they said to all of us there that we should hear before Christmas... the waiting is killing me!
Hi all,

Thanks

Yes, some unis do this. If you want to be a Physio then don't take that offer because it won't qualify you unless you do the MSc afterwards. I'm sure you know that, but just in case!
Original post by amymarshall
Not yet! I had an interview on the 4th of November and they said to all of us there that we should hear before Christmas... the waiting is killing me!

Ah thank god haha!!! I also had mine on the 4th!! Why haven't they said anything, I'm going crazy!!
Ah thank god haha!!! I also had mine on the 4th!! Why haven't they said anything, I'm going crazy!!

I know! I haven't heard anything from them at all! Is stressing me out haha! Birmingham said the same too but I received an email from them yesterday saying that they're closed until the 4th of Jan now! Very annoying haha! Oh well, at least it's not just me!
Original post by amymarshall
I know! I haven't heard anything from them at all! Is stressing me out haha! Birmingham said the same too but I received an email from them yesterday saying that they're closed until the 4th of Jan now! Very annoying haha! Oh well, at least it's not just me!

Yeah haha all I wanted to do was check no-one had got an offer yet haha, its my favourite by far! Oh thats a pain, hopefully not the case with Liverpool, ive got an interview at Birmingham on the 27th january so still got a while :smile:
Yeah haha all I wanted to do was check no-one had got an offer yet haha, its my favourite by far! Oh thats a pain, hopefully not the case with Liverpool, ive got an interview at Birmingham on the 27th january so still got a while :smile:

Yeah that's fair enough! Yes hopefully! Aw good luck for then!
Hiya I have also had an interview at brighton and have had an offer. I was in a similar situation and had work experience still happening after the interview. It wasn't a problem, but with every answer you say cram in every possible bit of work experience you have done, its all good dw!

Thanks! I have postponed it till february so atleast I have 4 daya worth. Was it just an individual interview:smile: ?
Thanks! I have postponed it till february so atleast I have 4 daya worth. Was it just an individual interview:smile: ?

Yeah just your standard individual interview 1 to 1, absolutely no surprises :smile:
Has anyone had a physio offer for UEA?
Has anyone had a physio offer for UEA?

Unless people have their grades already I doubt that any of us will get offers until at least January, unfortunately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who had a Birmingham interview on the 25th November heard anything back regarding offers/rejections?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending