The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThomasD96
I feel like im also going to be in a similar situation as I will prob have to go through clearing. Which course would be the "next best thing" to physio?

Personally, I think if you want to be a Physio then you should take a gap year if you don't get in - obviously if your circumstances allow it. There isn't an equivalent course which could qualify you to work as a Physio and the Sports Science courses are seemingly useless unless you do the MSc afterwards.

There are other health care courses such as Nursing but if you really want to be a Physio then it's probably not worth going through clearing for a different subject. Just keep positive and see what Physio places come up in clearing first before you decide to go down another route.

Also just to add: It's better to take some extra time and make a considered decision about your future than to do something as a knee jerk reaction, because a wrong decision (i.e. 3 years on the 'wrong' degree) is far harder to deal with and correct than a year out getting experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 721
Just been given an interview at Kings, does anyone have any advice?!
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Personally, I think if you want to be a Physio then you should take a gap year if you don't get in - obviously if your circumstances allow it. There isn't an equivalent course which could qualify you to work as a Physio and the Sports Science courses are seemingly useless unless you do the MSc afterwards.

There are other health care courses such as Nursing but if you really want to be a Physio then it's probably not worth going through clearing for a different subject. Just keep positive and see what Physio places come up in clearing first before you decide to go down another route.

Also just to add: It's better to take some extra time and make a considered decision about your future than to do something as a knee jerk reaction, because a wrong decision (i.e. 3 years on the 'wrong' degree) is far harder to deal with and correct than a year out getting experience.

Excellent advice. Please everyone stick to your goals, don't let a small blip put you off, I'm speaking from experience too
Hi Everyone,

I know I have already asked this but has anyone had any news from Bournemouth?
Rejected already from UWE :frown: only sent everything off a few days ago! makes me scared for the rest of them
Reply 725
Original post by moonandstars
Rejected already from UWE :frown: only sent everything off a few days ago! makes me scared for the rest of them

Don't worry! Same happened to when I applied, got rejected a few days later from one, then interview for another came the week after and still 3 more to hear from! It'll be alright head up! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kroast
Hi there? Did you get interviewed at Brighton? I'm still waiting to hear anything? Would you be able to tell me what to expect? I'm so nervous!

Hiya, yeah i have had an interview at Brighton and its nothing to worry about, was so chilled and was just a 1 to 1 for about 15 minutes. No surprises in the questions, and he just had my personal statement in front of him. We also had a campus tour by third year students so that kinda relaxed everyone beforehand :smile:
Original post by OwaisB
Don't worry! Same happened to when I applied, got rejected a few days later from one, then interview for another came the week after and still 3 more to hear from! It'll be alright head up! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you :smile: just shakes you up a bit doesn't it!! wont lose hope just yet haha :biggrin: good luck for the interview! xx
Reply 728
Anyone who applied to MMU did you get a confirmation email or anything ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 729
Original post by libby.2015
Hiya, yeah i have had an interview at Brighton and its nothing to worry about, was so chilled and was just a 1 to 1 for about 15 minutes. No surprises in the questions, and he just had my personal statement in front of him. We also had a campus tour by third year students so that kinda relaxed everyone beforehand :smile:

Thank you for replying to me. I've been told they are so strict and the process is really tough. I'm a nervous wreck because of it! Did you have to do a maths/English assessment? Will you be studying there?
Reply 730
Ahhhhh Just got an offer from Manchester met after my interview yesterday sooo happy!!🎉🎉🎉
Reply 731
Can a university not accept you if you are unable to attend their rescheduled interview as a result of already accepted interview attendance at other universities?
Reply 732
Original post by Rxg123
Ahhhhh Just got an offer from Manchester met after my interview yesterday sooo happy!!🎉🎉🎉

Did they sent you any confirmation emails before you got the interview? And any tips for the interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OwaisB
Did they sent you any confirmation emails before you got the interview? And any tips for the interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No confirmation as I've had an offer also. We can't disclose exactly what they've asked or how it went but it is really relaxed and my tip would be not to stress it's an excellent univeristy that is very popular but they want you to do well in the interview
Original post by Nika15
Thanks! I think I'm just going to try and revise everything 🙈🙈
Let us know how you get on and good luck!!!

Thank you!! Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 735
Original post by jd1234567
I applied for Robert Gordons, Glasgow Caledonian, Northumbria, Cardiff and Birmingham. I have had an interview at cardiff and having one at Robert Gordons in the coming weeks. Currently studying Scottish Advanced Highers.
Has anyone heard about offers from Cardiff???

Hiya, Yes I had an interview back in December at Cardiff and I received an offer last week, good luck!
[QUOTE="Hcant;62027717"]
Original post by jd1234567
I applied for Robert Gordons, Glasgow Caledonian, Northumbria, Cardiff and Birmingham. I have had an interview at cardiff and having one at Robert Gordons in the coming weeks. Currently studying Scottish Advanced Highers.
Has anyone heard about offers from Cardiff???

Hiya, Yes I had an interview back in December at Cardiff and I received an offer last week, good luck!

What is your offer for Cardiff? They said at the interviews they weren't going to get back to people till march (after the final sets on interviews), ahh thats scared me! really want to get in
Original post by nicolataylor97
I applied on the 14th December to Bournemouth, Brighton and UWE... Not heard anything yet, have any rejections been sent out by these unis yet?

I haven't heard from Bournemouth yet either and I applied about the same time! had to request an alternative interview date from UWE which i reaaaally hope they give me!
Anybody heard from Sheffield Hallam following the 13th Jan interviews?
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had heard from MMU after the 25th Nov interview, as I've seen a few people comment that they've had offers from interviews after this one?

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending