The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadandfad
Mine was fully sent off at the start of November last year and my first interview was the start of December, so I'd recommend now or in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
where did you apply for? If I may ask
Original post by spshsha1
where did you apply for? If I may ask

Nottingham, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester and Keele :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester and Keele :smile:

I presume successful? Any tips for us ☺️ Would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
I presume successful? Any tips for us ☺️ Would be greatly appreciated, thanksPosted from TSR Mobile
I presume successful? Any tips for us ☺️ Would be greatly appreciated, thanksPosted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm going to Nottingham next September so I'll be starting the same time as you I presume!

And sure - what for - interviews, personal statement, or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm going to Nottingham next September so I'll be starting the same time as you I presume!

And sure - what for - interviews, personal statement, or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile I've handed mine in already but personal statement? I've laid mine out like this:

Thanks very much
(edited 8 years ago)
Als
(edited 8 years ago)
Also included my role in my current job and my internship with a premier league football club

Your PS and work exp sounds pretty much identical to what mine was...very impressive!

Tips for interviews:

- go over obvious questions you'd think you'd be asked, eg why physio and why that certain uni

- make sure you set out what qualities you found were common for physios you did work exp with, elaborate on them and tell them why you have those qualities

- in a group situation don't be overpowering but don't be shy. Be smart and offer ideas as and when appropriate but don't boss people about as they hate that

- have a sense of humour - they know you'll be nervous but try and laugh and be smiley - physios are generally easy going people!

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your PS and work exp sounds pretty much identical to what mine was...very impressive!

Tips for interviews:

- go over obvious questions you'd think you'd be asked, eg why physio and why that certain uni

- make sure you set out what qualities you found were common for physios you did work exp with, elaborate on them and tell them why you have those qualities

- in a group situation don't be overpowering but don't be shy. Be smart and offer ideas as and when appropriate but don't boss people about as they hate that

- have a sense of humour - they know you'll be nervous but try and laugh and be smiley - physios are generally easy going people!

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
brilliant! Thanks for your help, I'll keep you posted how I get on! All the best with your own studies too!
brilliant! Thanks for your help, I'll keep you posted how I get on! All the best with your own studies too!

Sounds good, I'm sure you'll ace it :smile: a year off from studies for me, I had my ACL reconstructed so I'm 2 months into my rehab for that, and I've just started working in a dementia home. Might see you next sept!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
can someone help me on applying to Coventry/Leicester... do we do them both separately or do they choose for us?
How is everyone doing with their physiotherapy application?

To those who have sent their application off, have you heard anything about interviews/offers yet?

I sent mine off a week ago, and haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by Oliver_1_2
How is everyone doing with their physiotherapy application?

To those who have sent their application off, have you heard anything about interviews/offers yet?

I sent mine off a week ago, and haven't heard anything yet.

Hi. I sent mine off about two weeks ago and 4 out of 5 have said they received my application. Some said they'd get back to me within a month and others didn't specify. I still check Track every day just in case though lol :P

Where are you applying?

Hannah :smile:
Original post by pereh009
Hi. I sent mine off about two weeks ago and 4 out of 5 have said they received my application. Some said they'd get back to me within a month and others didn't specify. I still check Track every day just in case though lol :P

Where are you applying?

Hannah :smile:

Ah yes, pretty much the same as me then, I've had 4 acknowledgements too, but nothing else! And I'm also checking track all the time, it feels like I am refreshing it every 10 minutes haha!

I am applying for Uni of Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam, Uni of Birmingham, UEA and Uni of Hertfordshire. What about you?

Oliver.
Ah yes, pretty much the same as me then, I've had 4 acknowledgements too, but nothing else! And I'm also checking track all the time, it feels like I am refreshing it every 10 minutes haha!

I am applying for Uni of Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam, Uni of Birmingham, UEA and Uni of Hertfordshire. What about you?

Oliver.

Phew! It's not just me then ahaha.

I'm applying to Nottingham, Birmingham and Hertfordshire too!!! I was considering UEA but decided on Southampton and UWE as my other two.
Phew! It's not just me then ahaha.

I'm applying to Nottingham, Birmingham and Hertfordshire too!!! I was considering UEA but decided on Southampton and UWE as my other two.

I hope to hear something soon, but just don't know how long it will take!

Thats good to hear!! Might see you at one of them! I was thinking of southampton too but wasn't predicted AAA so decided to go for an alternative!
I'm studying physio at the moment but the accelerated course. I applied for the 3 year last year and got interviews and offers from teesside, sheffield hallam, manchester met. I also got interviews at northumbria and huddersfield but withdrew. Happy to answer any questions. Hallam would have been my first choice if I hadn't got on the accelerated route. I've literally had 7 physio interviews over the last 2 years so if anyone needs any pointers for interview Im sure Ive been asked almost every interview question possible!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
hi , also applying for physiotherapy this year. any tips
(edited 8 years ago)
I hope to hear something soon, but just don't know how long it will take!

Thats good to hear!! Might see you at one of them! I was thinking of southampton too but wasn't predicted AAA so decided to go for an alternative!

Yeah maybe :smile:

What's your top choice? I think mine is Nottingham
Yeah maybe :smile:

What's your top choice? I think mine is Nottingham

Yes, my first is definitely going to be Nottingham! I'm thinking perhaps Sheffield Hallam or Uni of Hertfordshire as my insurance because they are ABB to get in rather than AAB!
Original post by Lolala1234
I'm studying physio at the moment but the accelerated course. I applied for the 3 year last year and got interviews and offers from teesside, sheffield hallam, manchester met. I also got interviews at northumbria and huddersfield but withdrew. Happy to answer any questions. Hallam would have been my first choice if I hadn't got on the accelerated route. I've literally had 7 physio interviews over the last 2 years so if anyone needs any pointers for interview Im sure Ive been asked almost every interview question possible!

Hi. Where are you studying at the moment?

And do they ask many situational questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending