The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by ksharples
I've just firmed Keele! Anyone else firmed any offers yet?!

I've just received an offer from Keele and firmed !!! X
Does anyone know how many weeks the full time physio course is in the first year at any of the following universities:
Bournemouth
Plymouth
Manchester Met
Cardiff

I'm trying to work out how many weeks accommodation I'm going to need to get.
Thanks
Original post by tarkagirl
Does anyone know how many weeks the full time physio course is in the first year at any of the following universities:
Bournemouth
Plymouth
Manchester Met
Cardiff

I'm trying to work out how many weeks accommodation I'm going to need to get.
Thanks

32 weeks. But be vigilant as this does not include holidays
Original post by Changley
FINALLY got my first offer!!

Me too! Where's yours? :smile:
Reply 1064
Can anyone tell me the main differences between physio at Salford and at MMU please? I know Salford is meant to be better but not entirely sure what the reasons are.
"Oxford Brookes University may have decided not to offer you a place, or your application may have been withdrawn. Here are the details we have been given:
Decisions about individual applicants are made by individual universities and colleges. UCAS does not hold any further information about why you have been unsuccessful in this application."
This is all it said in the letter

I was rejected from Oxford Brookes too! it came up with that message on my ucas track as well!!! :/
Original post by spshsha1
32 weeks. But be vigilant as this does not include holidays

Thanks, oh really is that all. I was thinking it was like 45 weeks
Original post by tarkagirl
Thanks, oh really is that all. I was thinking it was like 45 weeks

I'll be surprised though if you get somewhere that doesn't stipulate you must rent from September to June minimum.
I applied to MMU, KCL and Bournemouth and have heard nothing.

(Got an offer from Leeds for Physiology)

I rang up all the unis and they said my application was being "carefully considered"
Shall I just accept these as rejections?
I have tons of experience, including a trip to Tanzania on a Physio placement
My grades are predicted AAA
I feel like my personal statement was ok

Where did I go wrong? Nowhere is giving me feedback and I feel like I should just give up and apply for English literature or psychology through clearing or adjustment. I feel like I've completely failed tbh

(Got rejected from Sheffield Hallam in the first week of applying because of lack experience ... Loool)
Original post by Nika15
Can anyone tell me the main differences between physio at Salford and at MMU please? I know Salford is meant to be better but not entirely sure what the reasons are.

I personally liked Salford better and have offers from both. Salford is more like a family I really like the course layout and is only 40 students in comparison with 90 MMU has biggest intake
Hey guys,
I've only had one interview so far and haven't heard back. I completed my application in mid December. Is the process going as frustratingly slow for anyone else??

I applied in September - no interviews ... You're fine!!! Good luck :smile:
Reply 1071
I personally liked Salford better and have offers from both. Salford is more like a family I really like the course layout and is only 40 students in comparison with 90 MMU has biggest intake

Thank you, I'm struggling to make my mind up as to which one I prefer - I like both! First world problems haha
They havent rejected you yet, just remember that! Saying that, if they do just apply to physio through clearing if you get the grades you're predicted!

QUOTE=Jasminem97;62517603]I applied to MMU, KCL and Bournemouth and have heard nothing.

I rang up all the unis and they said my application was being "carefully considered"

Where did I go wrong? Nowhere is giving me feedback and I feel like I should just give up and apply for English literature or psychology through clearing or adjustment. I feel like I've completely failed tbh

(Got rejected from Sheffield Hallam in the first week of applying because of lack experience ... Loool)
Reply 1073
Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from Cardiff at all? I sent my application of in November and still haven't heard either way but I'm sure the last set of interviews are in 2 weeks so I'm a bit worried!
Has anyone heard anything from leeds?
Original post by Jasminem97
I applied to MMU, KCL and Bournemouth and have heard nothing.

I got rejected within 2 weeks by Liverpool for "lack of experience" which is silly because i have plenty.
And i assume they are just saying "being considered" because they actually still are considering you, and dont want to disclose much information about the process. Just be patient and wait for them to get back to you. No news is good news, remember that :smile:
Original post by Gem_R
Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from Cardiff at all? I sent my application of in November and still haven't heard either way but I'm sure the last set of interviews are in 2 weeks so I'm a bit worried!

They give atleast 8 days notice before interviews, so dont give up hope yet!
Original post by Kbenn0
I've just received an offer from Keele and firmed !!! X

Wooo! Fingers crossed we'll be seeing each other in September! X
Reply 1078
Original post by Rory_M_
They give atleast 8 days notice before interviews, so dont give up hope yet!

Oh right I didn't know that, fingers crossed!
Reply 1079

Hi when was your interview at Salford and when did you get an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending