Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Chesky_7
Mine was in January when was yours?

Mine too
Original post by Gem_R
Mine too

They said at my Salford interview (3rd of Feb) that if you got full marks you get told on the day and if you got really bad marks you get told quick, if you're a maybe then you have to wait until all the interviews are over to find out!
Reply 1102
Original post by nerdkoala
They said at my Salford interview (3rd of Feb) that if you got full marks you get told on the day and if you got really bad marks you get told quick, if you're a maybe then you have to wait until all the interviews are over to find out!

Oh right really! Guess I'm a maybe then haha!
Original post by Gem_R
Oh right really! Guess I'm a maybe then haha!

Me too! Haha
Me too! Haha

Same!!
Mine was in January when was yours?

January too. I guess based on what @nerdkoala said, I'm a 'maybe' too. I remember the admissions tutor saying that if you do really well on the day and already have the grades/predicted good grades they'll call you on the day and that they give out a few more offers than necessary so maybe some of us might get one. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h_springer63
Well done on your offer :biggrin: I really hope I hear back soon too. Where else did you apply? :smile:

I also applied to Keele, Sheffield, Teeside and Northumbria. What about you? :smile:
Original post by dcoulson
I also applied to Keele, Sheffield, Teeside and Northumbria. What about you? :smile:

I applied to Sheffield, Hertfordshire, Bradford and MMU :smile:
Woah they told me on the first day! That makes me feel good as I really didn't think I'd done too well! :biggrin:
Original post by nerdkoala

Woah I got told on the first day! That makes me feel good as I really didn't think I'd done too well :biggrin:
Reply 1110
Original post by ksharples
Wooo! Fingers crossed we'll be seeing each other in September! X

Yes very much fingers crossed! Now to get the grades , I'm on an Access course :smile: X
Reply 1111
Original post by rebec1
Me too!!!!

Well done !!! Great to see there is a couple of us already for Keele X
Original post by dcoulson
I also had my interview in January just got an offer yesterday. Hopefully you will hear soon

Hi, I haven't had mine yet, could you tell me a bit about the interview? It's my first and I am not sure what to expect!
Could anyone give me an example of a scenario based question? I'm not so sure what to expect!
Original post by maxxwren
Hi, I haven't had mine yet, could you tell me a bit about the interview? It's my first and I am not sure what to expect!

Firstly,we watched a video and in groups we were given a sheet of questions which wediscussed together. Then we had the one to one interview with very friendly interviewers.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 1115
Hi guys, been reading this thread since day one. The wait between applying and receiving news, as you all know, is legitimate hell.. so this place is welcome solace at times.

I am applying as a mature student, currently in my final year of a Sports Rehabilitation degree. Out of my five choices I have had 1 rejection, 4 interviews and 3 offers. Still currently deciding on where I would eventually like to end up.

There's not a lot I can add to what has already been said with regards to the interviews, except just don't panic. As cliche as that sounds.The questions are round about ways of assessing your ability to show empathy, caring, ability to work within a team, and general knowledge surrounding the profession of Physiotherapy. Having a rough idea of what you're going to say will help, but don't over rehearse. Answer honestly, and succinctly. This will get your personality across and prevent you sounding like a robot reeling off a script.

I've only experienced one group interview, so would just reiterate the advice that spshsha1 gave a couple of pages ago - don't be bossy, don' be quiet, don't take the lead, do be a team player. If there is a quiet person in your group then help them out, ask them their opinion. This will tick all of the boxes as well as giving someone a hand up.

Hope this helps!
Original post by Ali43
I've had a really lucky week. Interview offers from Cardiff and Nottingham, and offer of a place from Hertfordshire. Good luck to everyone else with upcoming interviews.

I've got my interview for cardiff in a week and i'm really nervous so i was wondering if you coupd give me some pointers on what to expect. Anything to do with questions or just the day in general would be so great!!!! Thank you:smile:))
Reply 1117
Original post by HearMeRoar
Woah I got told on the first day! That makes me feel good as I really didn't think I'd done too well :biggrin:

whats the Salford interview like? I have mine next week do not know what to expect at all!
Original post by Eshaw7
whats the Salford interview like? I have mine next week do not know what to expect at all!

It's very straightforward; a group interview and then an individual one. There are no hidden surprises, and the process was actually quite enjoyable- the staff are lovely too! :smile:
Reply 1119
Original post by HearMeRoar

Congratulations!! Will Salford be your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending