Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I took my ID photo and went to upload it today before checking the guidelines before I realised the good example photo has a guy face on with a pretty blank expression. My head is slightly to the side with a relaxed smile and I don't know if that will be a problem. It follows all the other guidelines and I'm happy with the photo which I can honestly never say about myself so I'd like to be able to use it. Do I have to retake or is it not that much of a problem?

ReputationRep:
    It should be fine. You can just rotate the pic so your head is straight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarleenQuinzel)
    I took my ID photo and went to upload it today before checking the guidelines before I realised the good example photo has a guy face on with a pretty blank expression. My head is slightly to the side with a relaxed smile and I don't know if that will be a problem. It follows all the other guidelines and I'm happy with the photo which I can honestly never say about myself so I'd like to be able to use it. Do I have to retake or is it not that much of a problem?
    It's fine as long as it doesn't 'distort your features'.

I'm smiling in mine too

ReputationRep:
    Ok...I think maybe I'll bite the bullet and submit the photo. Hopefully it'll be ok. Thank you for your help ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Your only going to be using it to access the library..

It's not like your trying to get through Immigration Control. I'm sure it'll be fine it's sounds like it's okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random_PC_Errors)
    Your only going to be using it to access the library..

It's not like your trying to get through Immigration Control. I'm sure it'll be fine.
    I thought it best to check. I didn't want there to be any problems with it when I move in next friday. I've got enough to worry about as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it best to check. I didn't want there to be any problems with it when I move in next friday. I've got enough to worry about as it is.
    Oh yeah, moving in is pretty nerve racking tbh. Anyone who says otherwise is lying, hope everything goes well for you next week

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, moving in is pretty nerve racking tbh. Anyone who says otherwise is lying, hope everything goes well for you next week
    Thank you very much. It should all be fine. I've got my parents around to save the day if it all goes unfortunately pear shaped ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. It should all be fine. I've got my parents around to save the day if it all goes unfortunately pear shaped ^.^
    I was lucky that I'm pretty local to Bristol, so I could always escape home at the weekend! :P

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky that I'm pretty local to Bristol, so I could always escape home at the weekend! :P

Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it best to check. I didn't want there to be any problems with it when I move in next friday.
    You won't get your ID card until Tuesday of Welcome Week (unless you're a taught postgrad, in which case it's Monday).

It doubt there will be a problem with the card if the photo is as you describe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabdi2014)
    Where do you live?
    Wiltshire, and that's all I'm telling you :P

ReputationRep:
    They don't care, in fact I changed mine from my blank expression to a slightly smiley one! You're not crossing borders so all good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people get away with all sorts for ID photos. Probably be fine. (it's only like a fiver or something for another card anyway)

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.