Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking French and German GCSE I just want to know what things you do for the coursework and what I would need to do to help me with it

ReputationRep:
    Hello Beccae53. I am currently doing French and Spanish at A Levels and have got an A* for Spanish and an A for French. The first thing you need to do is revise, revise and revise before any coursework comes up, trust me. Coursework is like an exam, you can't be good at it, if your not good at the subject because otherwise it's no use. Once you feel confident on the topic of the coursework and with the subject it self then you will be ready for it in general. In French and German, there is 60% coursework which is a lot of the GCSE grade and means you need to aim to get an A* in it. In this coursework you will be doing about two full A4 pages of French and German writing, one about school and the other about holidays. In these two coursework you need to make sure it is 100% best quality and that your including A* Language structure in it. In this coursework you will get a lot of help and everything to get the best in it, by teachers of course. They will help you and make sure every student is going at the A* track. Later on after your coursework is written as a draft over a month or two period of time, a teacher will then mark it fully and give it back to you to tell you the improvement points. You will then need to improve it and make sure it is to the best quality of A*. After you have followed the teachers instructions on what to improve and how to get an A* you will then need to give it back to her/him. The teacher will then tell you that it's good or then help you with a few mistakes. However, if they see that your not an A* structure, vocabulary, etc...student but all the work has no corrections then they will not be able to help you because that indicates your knowledge of that Language. They will tell you the grade however, and mark the mistakes but won't help you by adding extra A* work but only tell you how to get an A*. After all the draft is completed and everything is perfect with the teachers knowledge, as well as you acknowledging the fact that you know the grade of the piece for both A4 pages then you will then write it out in it's final piece. However, that isn't final, it comes to the scariest part. Teachers will give you two weeks to take this coursework home and will have a copy of it already as you have agreed to not modify it further due to you being able to edit it at home, they will then tell you to take it home and on a two week period, you will need to memorise both off by heart. After this two weeks you will come back to school and this time in controlled assessment meaning it will be controlled with no talking by the exam board, you will need to write out what you remembered of it, by heart on a paper. After you have written all of it correctly with its grammar and everything, the teacher will then mark it but no tell you the grade and sent it to the exam board. After a few months, the grades for the coursework will return and you will get an overall grade for the coursework, e.g. A* or A, etc. You will then have the CW finished and will only need to revise for the other 40% of both language subjects for reading exam, listening and speaking. I hope I helped! Haha. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukehemsworth)
    Hello Beccae53. I am currently doing French and Spanish at A Levels and have got an A* for Spanish and an A for French. The first thing you need to do is revise, revise and revise before any coursework comes up, trust me. Coursework is like an exam, you can't be good at it, if your not good at the subject because otherwise it's no use. Once you feel confident on the topic of the coursework and with the subject it self then you will be ready for it in general. In French and German, there is 60% coursework which is a lot of the GCSE grade and means you need to aim to get an A* in it. In this coursework you will be doing about two full A4 pages of French and German writing, one about school and the other about holidays. In these two coursework you need to make sure it is 100% best quality and that your including A* Language structure in it. In this coursework you will get a lot of help and everything to get the best in it, by teachers of course. They will help you and make sure every student is going at the A* track. Later on after your coursework is written as a draft over a month or two period of time, a teacher will then mark it fully and give it back to you to tell you the improvement points. You will then need to improve it and make sure it is to the best quality of A*. After you have followed the teachers instructions on what to improve and how to get an A* you will then need to give it back to her/him. The teacher will then tell you that it's good or then help you with a few mistakes. However, if they see that your not an A* structure, vocabulary, etc...student but all the work has no corrections then they will not be able to help you because that indicates your knowledge of that Language. They will tell you the grade however, and mark the mistakes but won't help you by adding extra A* work but only tell you how to get an A*. After all the draft is completed and everything is perfect with the teachers knowledge, as well as you acknowledging the fact that you know the grade of the piece for both A4 pages then you will then write it out in it's final piece. However, that isn't final, it comes to the scariest part. Teachers will give you two weeks to take this coursework home and will have a copy of it already as you have agreed to not modify it further due to you being able to edit it at home, they will then tell you to take it home and on a two week period, you will need to memorise both off by heart. After this two weeks you will come back to school and this time in controlled assessment meaning it will be controlled with no talking by the exam board, you will need to write out what you remembered of it, by heart on a paper. After you have written all of it correctly with its grammar and everything, the teacher will then mark it but no tell you the grade and sent it to the exam board. After a few months, the grades for the coursework will return and you will get an overall grade for the coursework, e.g. A* or A, etc. You will then have the CW finished and will only need to revise for the other 40% of both language subjects for reading exam, listening and speaking. I hope I helped! Haha. Good Luck!
    Thanks that helped me understand it a lot better

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 13, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.