Turn on thread page Beta

AJ's Autumn 2015 Anime Preview - Fallen, Leaves in Despair watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Despite my computer woes and general lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming season, here's another preview thread! Many thanks to Caraniel for providing most of the image links, and a load of other information that (while greatly appreciated) I ended up not using much of as our formatting is so different. :p:

(These series are all due to air in the first few weeks of October. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aikatsu! 4

Genre: Music, School, Slice of Life
    Animation Studio: Sunrise
    Japanese Airdate: October 2015
    Seiyuu: Morohoshi Sumire, Kawakami Chihiro, Ishikawa Yui
    Director: Kimura Ryuichi (Sakura Taisen: New York NY., Aikatsu! 3)

(Original post by Summary:)
    The fourth season of Aikatsu! continues on from season 3 with an introduction a brand-new idol unit from Hokkaido.
    Great start, a sequel to something I haven't watched. Sounds like it'll carry on from the currently airing 3rd series without a break though, good for fans.

Brave Beats

Genre: Adventure, Music, Sci-fi
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 11, 2015
    Seiyuu: Yoshida Yuuri,Kokido Shiho, Sakurai Tooru
    Director: Murano Yuuta

Hibiki Kazaguruma, a sixth grader, meets an amusing little robot named Bureikin while coming home from school one day. Bureikin, a dancer from an alternate-dimension dance world, challenged the dance king for the throne and lost. He has been deprived of Dance Stones (the stones of dance power) and sent to the human world. To restore his power, Bureikin must collect all the Dance Stones scattered around Earth.
    A new dance anime from the creators of Tribe Cool Crew! The latter has been good fun, while hardly the greatest anime I've ever watched, so I'll give this a look.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Gears Crisis-hen

Genre: Action, Game, Shounen
    Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 11, 2015

Second season of Cardfight!! Vanguard G series.
    Card games and crazy hair. There's probably more to it than that, but without having watched any previous Cardfight!! series, there's not much else to say.

Comet Lucifer

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Mecha
    Animation Studio: 8 Bit
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 4, 2015
    Seiyuu: Oohashi Ayaka, Takahashi Rie, Kobayashi Yuusuke
    Director: Kikuchi Yasuhito (Macross Frontier, IS: Infinite Stratos)

On the planet Gift there are precious crystals called Giftjium buried in the earth. A young man named Sōgo lives in Garden Indigo, a prosperous mining town. Sōgo's hobby is to collect rare crystals. One day, he gets wrapped up in a riot caused by his classmates Kaon, Roman, and Otto, and he loses his way until he finds a lake deep under the ground's mining ruins. There, he meets a mysterious girl with blue hair and red eyes that gaze straight ahead. The story follows the adventure of what happens after this meeting.
    Boy meets mysterious girl is an old anime staple, and the synopsis doesn't give much else away. Nice trailer though, and anything tagged fantasy always piques my interest.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou

Genre: Action, Super Power
    Animation Studio: Bones
    Seiyuu: Uesaka Sumire, Ishikawa Kaito, Toyosaki Aki
    Director: Mizushima Seiji (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00, Un-Go)

In an imaginary age of gods about 20 years after the war, Japan is flooded with all the superhumans ever written about in fictional stories: titans from outer space, lifeforms from a mystical world, phantoms and goblins from ancient times, cyborgs created by scientists, relics that rose out of the ruins of ancient civilizations, and the list goes on. Some of them make no secret of their existence and have gained popularity in the society, while others cloak their identities and fight in secrecy.

Naturally, the Japanese government cannot ignore the existence of these superhumans and establishes an organization under the Ministry of Health and Welfare - the Overpopulation Research Laboratory, a.k.a. the Superhuman Bureau. Their mission is to identify and approach superhumans, then oversee and safeguard them. One member of the Superhuman Bureau, Hitoyoshi Jirou, is the protagonist of this series.
    Sounds like a cross between Kekkai Sensen (final episode WHEN!?) and this season's Charlotte. Animation should be brightly coloured and pretty, going by the PV.

Dance with Devils

Genre: Demons, Romance, Supernatural
    Animation Studio: Brains Base
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 7, 2015
    Seiyuu: Akaneya Himika, Saitou Souma, Hirakawa Daisuke
    Director: Yoshimura Ai (Ao Haru Ride, Yahari Ore no Seishun Lovecome wa Machigatte Iru.)

Tachibana Ritsuka is a female second-year high school student who attends Shiko Academy in Shiko Town. She enjoys her school life while living with her mother Maria, but one day, that balance falls into ruin when she discovers several of her attractive male classmate are demons.
    Looks like another fabulous reverse harem show, possibly musical unless the trailer is lying. Character designs aren't anything special, so lets hope their personalities make up for that.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Sci-fi
    Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 3, 2015
    Seiyuu: Tamaru Atsushi, Touyama Nao, Izawa Shiori
    Director: Setou Kenji (Weiss Survive R, Wooser no Sono Higurashi Kakusei Hen)

The Academy City on water Rikka, otherwise known as Asterisk, is famous for being the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment Star Wars Festival. The young boys and girls of the Starpulse Generation belonging to the six academies make their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy, and Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrives in Rikka at the invitation of Claudia Enfield, the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy. Right after that, he incurs the wrath of the Petalblaze Witch Julis-Alexia von Riessfeld and ends up having to duel her.
    Looks like a generic battle harem show, the first of several to come in this preview thread. Nothing about this stands out for me.

Garo: Guren no Tsuki

Genre: Action, Demons, Fantasy
    Animation Studio: MAPPA
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 10, 2015
    Director: Wakabayashi Atsushi (Guin Saga )

Second anime adaptation of the Garo series. Unlike the first Garo anime, this series will be a jidaigeki (period drama) set in the Heian period. It will have a female protagonist.
    Judging by the summary, this isn't a direct sequel to the earlier Garo anime (which I didn't watch). Might give it a look if it requires no existing knowledge of the franchise.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
    Animation Studio: White Fox
    Seiyuu: Uchida Maaya, Minase Inori, Taneda Risa
    Director: Hashimoto Hiroyuki (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? )

Second season of Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
    Harmless, slow-paced moe comedy, but I didn't watch the first series, so won't be watching this either.

Haikyuu!! 2

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Sports
    Animation Studio: Production I.G
    Seiyuu: Murase Ayumu, Ishikawa Kaito, Okamoto Nobuhiko
    Director: Mitsunaka Susumu (Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Haikyuu!! )

Second season of the anime adaptation of Haruichi Furudate’s shounen sports manga.
    Finally, a sequel I care about! The first series was overshadowed slightly by cycling anime Yowamushi Pedal for me, but it was enjoyable enough, and the characters' facial expressions were priceless.

Heavy Object

Genre: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi
    Animation Studio: J.C. Staff
    Seiyuu: Ishikawa Kaito, Suzuki Eri, Hanae Natsuki
    Director: Watanabe Takashi (Shakugan no Shana, Hidan no Aria)

Objects are powerful, massive weapons that change the course of warfare and are manned by Elite Object pilots. An odd Elite girl named Milinda meets Quenser, a student who aims to become a Object mechanic, with the soldier-in-training Heivia on a snowy battlefield.
    I've become wary of J.C. Staff over the years, but based on the promo art, synopsis and trailer, this doesn't look too bad. Hardly jumps out at me either, mind.

Hidan no Aria AA

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
    Animation Studio: Dogakobo
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 6, 2015
    Seiyuu: Kugimiya Rie, Sakura Ayane, Ise Mariya
    Director: Kawabata Takashi

Akari Mamiya is a freshman and E-rank student who looks up to her upperclassman, the S-ranked Aria H. Kanzaki. They both attend Tokyo Butei High School, which employs the "Amica" system, allowing an underclassman to train alongside an upperclassman. Akari is determined to be paired with Aria.
    ...and here's one of the series that put me off J.C. Staff, though the sequel is in new hands. Nope, not watching this one.

Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji

Genre: Comedy, Seinen
    Seiyuu: Konishi Katsuyuki, Ginga Banjou, Suwabe Junichi

The spinoff centers on a fun version of the Holy Emperor Souther as he tries to find ways to become friends with Kenshirou, demonstrates his party techniques, and sometimes plays with the Gosha Sei.
    As fun as this sounds, you'd probably need to have some existing knowledge of Hokuto no Ken and its characters to fully appreciate it, which I currently don't have. Something I'll have to fix eventually...

JK-Meshi!

Genre: Comedy, Food
    Animation Studio: Kyotoma
    Seiyuu: Hara Natsuko, Fujita Nao, Tokui Sora
    Director: Huzituka

:tumble:
    Absolutely no information out there for this yet, aside from this image and a set airing date. Character designs have a Flash animation look to them, so this may be a short.

[EDIT] Now confirmed to be a short, but no harm in leaving it here anyway.

K Return of Kings

Genre: Action, Super Power, Supernatural
    Animation Studio: GoHands
    Seiyuu: Namikawa Daisuke, Komatsu Mikako, Ono Daisuke
    Director: Suzuki Shingo (Coppelion, K)

In modern Japan there are seven "Kings" who share power with their fellow clansmen. The Blue King Reishi Munakata, the leader of the Blue Clan "Scepter 4," held great responsibilities on his back. The tower that Gold King Daikaku Kokujōji supervised called the "Dresden Slate" was still on his mind, and he felt a great burden by killing the previous Red King, Mikoto Suoh. On the other hand, the former Red Clan "HOMRA" clansman Anna Kushina experienced the attacks from the Green Clan "Jungle" and awakened as the next Red King. By doing this, she bound her comrades through a strong bond once again. Finally, White Clan members Neko and Kuroh believe that the White King Yashiro is still alive, and seek his whereabouts. However, it was not just them searching for the White King. With "Jungle" once again jumping back into action, the fates of the various Kings are brought together.
    I don't remember a huge amount about K, aside from rival gangs fighting and VERY nice animation. I've also not seen the movie either... hopefully I'll find time to do so this month, if not then Return of Kings will have to wait.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans

Genre: Action, Drama, Mecha
    Animation Studio: Sunrise
    Seiyuu: Kawanishi Kengo, Hosoya Yoshimasa, Terasaki Yuka
    Director: Nagai Tatsuyuki (Toradora!, Ano Natsu de Matteru)

300 years after the Calamity War's end.

The powers which ruled the Earth Sphere have been overthrown, giving way to new rulers of a new world, exhausted of battle. Meanwhile, far away on Mars, the sparks which threaten to ignite a new war have been struck...

Our protagonist Mikazuki Augus, a member of the private security firm Chryse Guard Security (CGS), takes on a mission as bodyguard of Kudelia Aina Bernstein, a young girl who agitates for Chryse's independence from Earth. However, when the elite Gjallarhorn unit, charged with suppressing revolutionaries, raids CGS, its higher-ups deliberately use Mikazuki and the other boys as a decoy to cover their own retreat. Orga Itsuka, leader of the boys' squad, takes this abandonment by the adults as motivation to launch a full-fledged coup d'état. With orders from Orga to hold back Gjallarhorn, Mikazuki sorties in Calamity War-era scrap that CGS had been using as a generator—the Gundam Barbatos...
    Every time a new Gundam series airs, I plan on picking it up, only to find myself completely underwhelmed by the first episode. I really hope that won't be the case this time!

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R 2

Genre: Mystery, Shounen
    Animation Studio: Toei Animation
    Seiyuu: Matsuno Taiki, Nakagawa Akiko, Kosugi Juurouta
    Director: Ikeda Youko (Kaidan Restaurant, Negibouzu no Asatarou)

Hajime Kindaichi once again becomes embroiled in solving baffling cases and deciphering puzzling crimes that would confound the most seasoned of detectives. Whether it's a gruesome murder and shady circumstances surrounding the Japanese board game Go; a perplexing and macabre case involving a mysterious character, "Rosenkreutz," and blue roses; or blood curdling crimes associated with an urban legend at a winter ski resort – Hajime is out to crack them all!
    The synopsis interests me, as I do enjoy mystery series when done well... haven't seen any of the earlier series, though, so I'll give it a miss.

Lance N' Masques

Genre: Fantasy
    Animation Studio: Studio Gokumi
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 2, 2015
    Seiyuu: Mimori Suzuko, Uchiyama Yumi, Tanaka Aimi
    Director: Ishiguro Kyouhei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)

Yōtarō Hanafusa is a young man who is part of the last remaining order of knights in the 21st century, "Knights of the World." As he fights as the mysterious Knight Lancer, he must hide his identity behind a mask. One day he meets a girl named Makio Kidōin, and when finding that she lives alone, decides to watch over her.
    I'm certainly not expecting a serious fantasy plotline from this series, those weapons are ridiculous! Still worth a look, I suppose.

Lupin III - L'avventura Italiana

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
    Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment
    Seiyuu: Kurita Kan`ichi, Kobayashi Kiyoshi, Sawashiro Miyuki
    Director: Yano Yuuichirou (Moyashimon, Mujin Wakusei Survive)

New anime adaptation of Monkey Punch‘s popular manga series. It will be the first full-fledged Lupin III television anime series to star the legendary thief character since 1984-85’s Lupin III: Part III ended three decades ago. The story of the new series will take place in Italy and San Marino and it features a blue-jacketed Lupin in his 20s
    A bit later than expected, but should prove worth the wait! Though I've not watched every Lupin series and TV special that aired before this, their fairly episodic so I doubt that'll matter.

Noragami Aragoto

Genre: Action, Adventure, Supernatural
    Animation Studio: Bones
    Seiyuu: Kamiya Hiroshi, Uchida Maaya, Kaji Yuuki
    Director: Tamura Koutarou (Noragami)

Season two of Noragami which will adapt the manga's Bishamon arc.
    The first series of Noragami was highly enjoyable, loved the characters, and the great balance of action and comedy. Probably the series I'm most excited about at this point in the list.

One Punch Man

Genre: Action, Comedy, Parody
    Animation Studio: Madhouse
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 5, 2015
    Seiyuu: Furukawa Makoto, Ishikawa Kaito, Yuuki Aoi
    Director: Natsume Shingo (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)

The manga revolves around the titular super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily.
    Here's a new series that also sounds like it could deliver on the fun character and action/comedy fronts! I've never been keen on unbeatably OP protagonists in serious shows, but the idea could certainly work as a comedy.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan

Genre: Comedy, Seinen, Super Power
    Animation Studio: Asahi Production
    Seiyuu: Ono Saki, Asai Ayaka, Murata Taishi
    Director: Yanase Hiroyuki (Himegoto, assorted hentai)

The "warm slapstick hot spring comedy" takes place in the Japanese resort town of Hakone, and it follows Hakone-chan, a hot spring spirit who descended to a spa resort on Earth. However, with her long slumber, she looks like a little girl on the outside.The high school boy Tōya stumbles across her at a hot spring and ends up joining Hakone in retrieving her original powers.
    Judging by the staff, studio and synopsis, this one's probably going to be a short. Either way, doubt I'll be watching it.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshíte Gets-Sareta Ken

Genre: Comedy, Ecchi, Harem
    Animation Studio: Silver Link
    Seiyuu: Tamaru Atsushi, Serizawa Yuu, Oonishi Saori
    Director: Jinbou Masato (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Zwei!, Kyou no Asuka Show)

In a hidden school surrounded by mountains, young ladies of good families are taught everything a high class lady needs to know. They are also completely cut off from the outside world, keeping them sheltered and innocent; however, a problem has come up recently—more and more graduates are failing to cope with the modern world after graduation. To deal with this problem, they've decided to kidnap a male commoner student, and enroll him as a student. They hope that this will be a gentle way to introduce the girls to the outside world.

Kagurazaka Kimito is chosen for this dubious honor, mostly because he seems utterly average; however, the school leaders also seem to have concluded he's a homosexual with a muscle fetish. When Kimito hears that the alternative may be castration (to protect the girls' purity), he eagerly plays along with this misconception. Now he'll just have to survive the attention of many high class young ladies that are completely out of touch with the world!
    Is there some ongoing competition to come up with the longest series title possible beginning with 'Ore' or something, because they never seem to end! Plot-wise, only boy in an all-girl's school is nothing new, and wouldn't sound interesting even if it was.

Osomatsu-san

Genre: Comedy
    Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot
    Seiyuu: Fukuyama Jun, Ono Daisuke, Kamiya Hiroshi
    Director: Fujita Yoichi (Gintama, Binbougami ga!)

The series follows the characters from the Osomatsu-kun manga after they've become adults.
    It has a great voice cast, a seasoned comedy director and an interesting animation style... but what is it? Again, I feel it may be lost on people who haven't read the manga, or watched its 1988 anime adaptation.

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen

Genre: Drama, Vampire, Supernatural
    Animation Studio: Wit Studio
    Seiyuu: Irino Miyu, Nakamura Yuuichi, Ono Kenshou
    Director: Tokudo Daisuke (Owari no Seraph )

Yuuichirou has reunited with Mikaela at the Shinjuku Battle. But Mikaela was turned into a vampire... To save the "family," and to protect his fellow members, Yuuichirou needed to gain knowledge and power. He searched for ways to bring back vampire to human beings, and at the same time, trained hard working on the Cursed Gear.

Meanwhile, Kureto calls Guren and tells him a shocking truth. That in one month, the main unit of the vampire will start attacking Tokyo. To get a head start against vampires, Kureto orders Guren to go to Nagoya. The noble extermination mission is about to open fire!
    I wasn't a fan of the first series of Owari no Seraph, and said back when it ended that it would take a very bad lineup in Autumn for me to consider revisiting it... based on what we've seen so far, it may actually be in with a chance.

Owarimonogatari

Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Supernatural
    Animation Studio: Shaft

Latest anime adaptation of NisiOisin’s light novel series. The three-volume Owarimonogatari novel is part of the "final season" of the Monogatari series. The fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth books overall, they contain the stories Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, Sodachi Lost, Shinobu Mail, Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous, and Ougi Dark.
    One of the season's big name sequels, but I was never a fan of the franchise. I gave Bakemonogatari a good shot, even enduring the long wait for the final episodes, but it did nothing for me.

Peeping Life TV: Season 1??

Animation Studio: CoMix Wave
    Director: Mori Ryouichi (Peeping Life, Peeping Life: The Perfect Emotion)

Slice of life comedy about pitfalls of Japanese society.
    Highly doubt this will be a full length TV anime, but if seeing classic anime characters rendered in dubious 3D complain about everyday life sounds like your kind of thing, this could be the series for you!

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Romance
    Seiyuu: Oosaka Ryouta, Ishigami Shizuka, Asanuma Shintarou
    Director: Oonuma Shin (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia)

In a time and place where one's soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern day magicians called Mage Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the Failure Knight or the Worst One. Getting way less than average marks, he is forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule is created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and train together throughout their school years to maximize their abilities.

Ikki's roommate turns out to be Stella Vermillion - a princess of a foreign country and a rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walks into the room while she is changing her clothes, it causes a huge misunderstanding that eventually leads to a duel between the two. The punishment for the losing side is the Eternal Submission to the winner.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout their school years, how will Stella and Ikki's relationship evolve?
    The synopsis and promo art scream generic battle harem, but to be fair the trailer was one of the better ones. Or maybe it's gotten to the point where anything's starting to look good, who knows?

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa shítai ga Umatteiru

Genre: Mystery
    Animation Studio: TROYCA
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 8, 2015
    Seiyuu: Itou Shizuka, Enoki Jun`ya, Imamura Ayaka
    Director: Katou Makoto

Shōtarō Tatewaki is a normal high school student with a serious demeanor who likes to show off his girlfriend Sakurako Kujyō. Sakurako is an extraordinarily beautiful woman in her mid-20s from a rich family who loves "beautiful bones." The two live in the city of Asahikawa in Hokkaido, and they get involved in various incidents regarding bones.
    Okay, this sounds more interesting. Mysteries involving bones sound intriguing, and it should have nice animation if the PV is anything to go by.

Shin Atashin'chi

Animation Studio: Shin-Ei Animation
    Seiyuu: Watanabe Kumiko, Orikasa Fumiko, Ogata Kenichi
    Director: Ogura Hirofumi (Kuroshítsuji II, Area no Kishi)

Outrageous misadventures of an almost normal family with a housewife, her husband, and their two kids Yuusuke and Mikan. Wacky humor about this weird family's daily life.
    I assumed this would be a short, but apparently the previous 330 episode series wasn't! That didn't get subbed, however, and I highly doubt this will either.

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Genre: Comedy, Parody, School
    Animation Studio: Production I.G
    Seiyuu: Kaji Yuuki, Inoue Marina, Ishikawa Yui
    Director: Ibata Yoshihide (Ashiaraiyashiki no Juunin-tachi., Hennako-chan)

The school comedy story is set in a junior high school and centers on the original manga's characters such as Eren and Mikasa as they battle with Titans. The spin-off incorporates gags while using Shingeki no Kyojin's story and notable scenes as its basis.
    Again, this probably won't interest anyone who hasn't watched or read any of the original Shingeki no Kyojin... thankfully, I have for once! Could be amusing, but for how long?

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst

Genre: Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem
    Animation Studio: Production IMS
    Seiyuu: Fukuhara Kaori, Asai Ayaka, Nakamura Yuuichi
    Director: Saitou Hisashi (Bamboo Blade, Sora no Otoshimono)

Second season of Shinmai Maou no Testament series.
    I haven't watched the first series. I have no plans to watch the first series, or this sequel. Let's move on, shall we?

Soukyuu no Fafner: Exodus 2

Genre: Drama, Mecha, Sci-Fi
    Animation Studio: Xebec Zwei
    Seiyuu: Ishii Makoto, Kiyasu Kouhei, Seto Saori
    Director: Habara Nobuyoshi (Break Blade, D.N. Angel)

Second part of the sequel to Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, set in 2151, two and a half years after the events of the Heaven and Earth movie (and four years after the original TV series).

These sequels really make it seem as though I don't watch any anime. I watch tons of anime. Just not these anime! Fafner is a franchise I should get around to though, highly relevant to my interests.

High School Star Musical

Genre: Music, School, Slice of Life
    Animation Studio: C-Station
    Seiyuu: Hanae Natsuki, Ono Kenshou, Lounsbery Arthur
    Director: Tada Shunsuke (Kuroko no Baske, Seikoku no Dragonar)

Yūta Hoshiya enters Ayana Academy, a school focusing on show business activities, specifically music. The academy has a group of the three students with the highest grades in the musical department, and they are known as the Kao Kai (Cherry Blossom Flower Association). This organization stands at the top of the pecking order within the academy. The shortcut to entering the musical department is to enter the Star Frame class, which is directly taught by the members, and to be recognized by them. Unfortunately, due to their own problems, students Tōru, Kaito, Shō, Shū, and Yūta are all struggling to even remain candidates for the musical department. By a stroke of luck, however, the five are spotted by Kao Kai member Ōtori, and they pique his interest.
    Multi-coloured, musical bishonen! Not really my type of music judging by the PV, but if the characters are likable and/or funny, this might not be so bad.

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Seinen
    Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 9, 2015
    Seiyuu: Kase Yasuyuki, Tanezaki Atsumi, Kido Ibuki
    Director: Kanbe Mamoru (Elfen Lied, Sora no Woto)

The story revolves around Saikawa Souhei, a member of the Saikawa Research Lab. He goes on a vacation held by the lab, and Nishinosono Moe, the daughter of his mentor, joins the group on their vacation despite not being a part of the lab. There, the two end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.
    More mysteries, which may or may not involve bones! And possibly science! This is more than enough to make my list.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Genre: Military, Ecchi, Harem
    Japanese Airdate: Oct 8, 2015
    Seiyuu: Hosoya Yoshimasa, Ueda Reina, Ookubo Rumi
    Director: Kawamura Tomoyuki (Kamigami no Asobi)

People with magic powers are close to being wiped out. Just as the balance of power and military might had once shifted from swords to sorcery, it shifts once again to guns. Takeru Kusanagi goes to "AntiMagic Academy," a training facility for Inquisitors of Heretics who crack down on the dwindling threat posed by magic users. However, Takeru cannot use guns at all and can only fight with a sword. As a result, he is relegated to the 35th Test Platoon, the motley "small fry platoon" for poor students. One day, Ōka Ōtori, the ultra-elite pistol master who already has her qualifications for witch-hunts, joins the platoon.
    Wait, so generic male protagonist who can't fight teams up with uber elite female in a battle harem school setting, adapted from a light novel? This is the same as that Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry show you're producing this season, isn't it Silver Link? Don't pretend it isn't!

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy
    Animation Studio: White Fox
    Seiyuu: Fujiwara Keiji, Hara Yumi, Taneda Risa
    Director: Motonaga Keitarou (Date A Live, Katanagatari)

When I came to, I realized I was standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain I knew nothing of. I didn't know how I got there. And to add to that, I couldn't remember anything, not even my name. I stood there, dumbfounded at my absurd situation. But then, as if to spite me further, a gigantic monster suddenly appeared, a insect-like creature that began to bear down on me. I tried desperately to run, but it cornered me into a hopeless situation. It was then that the girl appeared. Her name was Kuon. It was this beautiful girl, who bore an animal's ears and tail, that saved my life.
    Utawarerumono! It has been a while. The first anime was fun enough, with animal ears and tails, ridiculous villains and fairly decent fight scenes. If Itsuwari no Kamen is half as good, I'll be satisfied.

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy
    Animation Studio: Arms
    Seiyuu: Izawa Mikako, Iguchi Yuka, Kubo Yurika
    Director: Kaneko Hiraku (Seikon no Qwaser, Manyuu Hiken-chou)

In a world where five artificial islands exists, Mamori is a "mermaid" transferred to one of those islands. When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn't stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.
    Boobs, yuri swordfighting, boobs and boobs. If that's your thing, rest assured that this director and studio combo have plenty of experience.

World Trigger: Isekai kara no Toubousha

Genre: Sci-Fi, Space, Supernatural

It will be a brand new series with an original story not presented in the World Trigger manga, and with new characters and concepts.
    World Trigger goes into anime-original territory... risky. Not a risk I'll be taking, as (thankfully, for the final time this season) I didn't watch the first series.

Young Black Jack

Genre: Drama, Shounen
    Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions
    Seiyuu: Umehara Yuuichirou, Itou Shizuka, Suwabe Jun`ichi
    Director: Kase Mitsuko (Saishuuheiki Kanojo, Crystal Blaze)

Based on the brilliant maverick doctor created by manga pioneer Osamu Tezuka. This prequel follows Black Jack when he was still a medical student in the 1960s.
    Young Black Jack is so bishonen! I've pretty much got to watch this, medical anime in general are a rarity, and something I'd like to see more of.

Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!

Genre: Comedy, Shoujo Ai, Slice of Life
    Animation Studio: TYO Animations
    Seiyuu: Mikami Shiori, Ookubo Rumi, Ootsubo Yuka
    Director: Hata Hiroyuki (Yumekuri, Anime: Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.)

The third season of Yuru Yuri continues following four girls who take over the former room of a tea ceremony club for their own amusement.
    Ending on a Hai note, this is the third series in a franchise that I have been watching, and enjoying, and want to watch more of. Maybe Autumn won't be so bad after all.

All information comes from the usual sources (MAL, AniChart, aniDB), and from Cara who I believe uses mostly the same sites.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Picked up:

Lance N' Masques

Noragami Aragoto

Young Black Jack

K: Return of Kings

Haikyuu!! 2

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans

Comet Lucifer

One Punch Man

Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!

Lupin III - L'avventura Italiana

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa shítai ga Umatteiru

Dance with Devils

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider

Osomatsu-san

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen

Dropped:

Heavy Object

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Peeping Life TV: Season 1??

High School Star Musical

Shin Atashin'chi

Hidan no Aria AA

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshíte Rachirareta Ken

Garo: Guren no Tsuki

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

Brave Beats

Soukyuu no Fafner: Exodus 2

World Trigger: Isekai kara no Toubousha

Owarimonogatari

Aikatsu! 4

ReputationRep:
    noragami 2 and haikyuu 2 YESSS

ReputationRep:
    Very much looking forward for the second season of K. I absolutely fell in love with the first season and can't wait for more. The art was simply stunning. I loved Noragami as well. \

I kinda liked Owari as well. Not the best anime, but certainly something I enjoyed well enough to pass the time.

ReputationRep:
    I had just been looking at what I'm going to watch earlier. I don't have a huge list really:

One Punch Man (too hyped up not to watch it)
    Tokyo Ghoul: Jack (OVA)
    Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto (OVA)
    Sereph of the End 2 (even though I thought part was 1 terrible)
    Heavy Object

I've also marked a few shows randomly. Barely any idea of what they're about or if I'll be interested in them after episode 1:

Kagewani
    Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru
    Kowabon

Also, there are several movies on my plan to watch list:

Ajin Movie 1
    Shisha no Teikoku
    Harmony
    Gyakusatsu Kikan

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through the Monogatari series in preparation for the new series (I'm on Nise right now). I've also been reading One Punch Man in preparation for the anime, needless to say I'm excited for it. Madhouse should not disappoint.

ReputationRep:
    one punch man will be SO GOOD but idk if i wanna watch k season 2. i disliked season 1

ReputationRep:
    Nice work as always AJ, happy to help out - I pulled most of the info from ANN & AniChart.net

I'll probably have my post done tomorrow evening - have most of it done, I think I add more information each time I go over the list :giggle:

Next season looks middling at the moment - although given how meh I was about the Summer season at preview stage, and it turned out great, I am more than willing to be surprised.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    More info about JK Meshi, including confirmation that it's going to be a short (5 minute episodes)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...remiere/.93125
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Good work, AJ. Thanks for putting this together, despite, from what I've read, not having an actual desktop computer, just a tablet.

For me, as always, I'll try to keep an open mind and watch as many first episodes as I can. However, here's a list of what interests me most, for various reasons:

Noragami Aragato
    Heavy Objects
    Owarimonogatari
    Subete ga F ni Naru
    Kagewani
    Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2

This is by no means a definitive list and I could easily drop any of the above and commit to some of the other anime that's due to air.

ReputationRep:
    I will give this lot a miss I think
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    October is here, and so is the new anime~ First to air was Lance N' Masques, which was fairly boring. Inoffensively boring though, with a light-hearted fantasy-ish setting... I'll give it a chance for now, see if it grows on me, as I don't hold high hopes for any of the shows not already on my shortlist.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Noragami Aragoto's re-introductory episode wasn't bad, but I was always going to be picking that up.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Picking up Young Black Jack, which had the best first episode so far by a long shot.

Dropping Heavy Object, as it was underwhelming, and the CG for the all-important objects was quite bad, so I'm not convinced it'd be worth keeping on just for the action scenes.

ReputationRep:
    Started my usual first impressions spam. First up is:

Lance N’ Masques
    Hackadoll – The Animation
    Heavy Object
    Noragami Aragoto (S2)
    Soukyuu no Fafner: Exodus (S2)
    K: Return of Kings (S2)
    Young Black Jack
    Kagewani
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Picked up K: Return of Kings. So pretty~

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk featured all the usual battle-harem tropes... why do these things still sell? Dropped.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Unsurprisingly, I'll be picking up Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen. Haku and Kuon seem like fun characters.

Watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry so soon after Gakusen Toshi Asterisk gave me a real sense of deja vu. Does one season really need two red-haired tsundere princesses challenging generic male leads to magic sword duels over accidentally walking in on them changing clothes? To be fair, Rakudai Kishi was the better of the two (in terms of animation, characters and humour), but even then I doubt I'll be keeping it on.

ReputationRep:
    Young Black Jack and One Punch man so far have been great!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    At 17 minutes including themes, Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou doesn't quite qualify as 'full length' for my blogging purposes. I may watch it on the side, or even make an exception for it if I get desperate enough, but for now it's dropped. The first ep was pretty much as I expected, gag comedy and parodies of events from the actual first episode of Shingeki no Kyoujin. I just wonder how long it'll take for the novelty to wear off.

Picking up Haikyuu!! S2, of course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.