Turn on thread page Beta

How to start the pill on a different day? watch

I know this has been asked already, but i have a bit of a complicated problem with the pill! I'm
    On microgoyn 30 and I want to start taking it on a Saturday so that I miss my period at weekends (it works for me). But the problem is, is that I don't want to have my period at work on Saturday. I am due to finish my current pack this Sunday which means I will be on at the weekend (and at work). If I take it for 6 weeks with no break it works out that I am working that weekend too! How can I schedule in a break and start taking my pill on a separate day to avoid this in the future?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you are suppose to start taking the pill on the 1st day of your period, so it matches your own natural hormone cycle. If you dont do this, your hormones will clash and may go a bit wild. Like breakthrough bleeding, mood and acne. If you really wanted to start taking it on saturday that you can stop the saturday before, and then have your 7 day pill free and then restart on sat. Remember, you must take your pill at least 7 continuous days for contraceptive protection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.