Turn on thread page Beta

Help with a work routine and study tips for criminology degree watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am studying criminology and criminal justice and for the past two years I have worked way too much so I am trying to cut work time down to a minimum but still get high 2:1s and firsts. I would like weekends and mornings or evenings free but to be honest if there is something on TV I end up just wanting to put it on in the background! I don't really like working at the university unless I have to but maybe I could just try and concentrate and get the work done quickly? But then days that I do not have lectures I probably won't be bothered to go in :/ Also, I will be taking a module further away from my regular campus so that will take up a lot of a weekday. Additionally, my course is really intensive, there's pretty much always coursework with about 11 assignments a year plus there are weekly readings but I always end up having to really cut them down after a few months because they just take too long and you don't need to revise all of the topics so some of them are pointless. I usually end up reading when I am starting an assignment and when I am starting revision. I start assignments early but then I'm still working right up to the deadline even though I spend a lot of time working! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I really want to have a better, more relaxed and happier year this year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.