The Student Room Group

Dropping AS level after one term

So basically I chose 3 A levels and 1 AS levels, so far I haven't really enjoyed the particular AS level and it isn't really relevent to what I want to do in the future so I am thinking about dropping it. I'm going to stick with it until half term and see if it gets any better but I was wondering if it is possible to drop a subject that late on?
Why did you do it in the first place if its not relevant?
Reply 2
Original post by judogainz
Why did you do it in the first place if its not relevant?

When I started it was relevent but I changed one of the A levels i'm doing so it's not really relevent anymore
Original post by Iceman5363
So basically I chose 3 A levels and 1 AS levels, so far I haven't really enjoyed the particular AS level and it isn't really relevent to what I want to do in the future so I am thinking about dropping it. I'm going to stick with it until half term and see if it gets any better but I was wondering if it is possible to drop a subject that late on?

School will probably prefer you to drop it before that as you will count as a 'fail' in their stats if you don't drop before early October.
can you not switch to another AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by bubblegumcat
can you not switch to another AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah probably but 3 A levels are enough for me
Original post by Iceman5363
Yeah probably but 3 A levels are enough for me

i'm so confused, do people still take 4 AS' now and drop one after year 12 and continue the rest to A2? I think it would be better for you to switch to another AS

Quick Reply

Latest