Turn on thread page Beta

No work that I'm proud of. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been given out a form to help me prepare for my personal statement.
    It asks: Have you been given any awards related toacademic achievement either at your previous school or at the sixth form?

Does attendance awards at secondary school count? Lmao.
    Or being prefect count? I have no other achievements apart from those.

It also asks: What work are you most proud of and why?
    I can not think of a single thing. It concerns me.
    (will my GCSE art work count?) xD.

Is anyone having trouble preparing their personal statement?

(Original post by Hai_Ann)
    I've been given out a form to help me prepare for my personal statement.
    It asks: Have you been given any awards related toacademic achievement either at your previous school or at the sixth form?

Does attendance awards at secondary school count? Lmao.
    Or being prefect count? I have no other achievements apart from those.

It also asks: What work are you most proud of and why?
    I can not think of a single thing. It concerns me.
    (will my GCSE art work count?) xD.

Is anyone having trouble preparing their personal statement?
    Prefect is good. Think extra curricular activities such as Young Enterprise, debate club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    Prefect is good. Think extra curricular activities such as Young Enterprise, debate club
    Lol, none. I'm such a lazy person.
    Although I was signed onto Lloyds Junior Scholars scheme. If that counts... all I got given was a certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Although I was signed onto Lloyds Junior Scholars scheme. If that counts... all I got given was a certificate.
    If it's in any way relevant and you can talk about your experience/what you gained from doing it, include it! Same goes for other things you've done.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and I've got my Kellogg's level 2 Swimming certificate so we're both successful.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Check the PS builder tool linked in my signature below - that sounds like a better way to prepare your PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahdw)
    If it's in any way relevant and you can talk about your experience/what you gained from doing it, include it! Same goes for other things you've done.

Oh okay, thanks. I didn't think that deep.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much.. I didn't have any awards or anything.. If you don't have anything to say for a question then just don't include it they are just ideas/prompts..
    Don't stress about writing your cv.. just write as if noone is reading it and you'll get some little gems in there.. you'll do many drafts and thats a good thing
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Don't worry too much about extra curricualars. Your PS should mainly be about your interest in the subject and why you want to study it at uni. Your ECs need only be a short para of about 100 words with a focus on transferable skills gained. Prefect is good for this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.