The Student Room Group

How to do revision notes?

I recently started my A-level classes and we have to take notes about the lesson in our notebooks. But I wanted to re organise my notes at home so I can flick through them and revise when ever I have a spare moment, but I'm not sure how to organise them e.g just definitions and examples or indepth definitions on my notes.
I want them to be quick access notes to help, does anyone have any ideas how to make helpful revision notes?
Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Glitteringlights
I recently started my A-level classes and we have to take notes about the lesson in our notebooks. But I wanted to re organise my notes at home so I can flick through them and revise when ever I have a spare moment, but I'm not sure how to organise them e.g just definitions and examples or indepth definitions on my notes.
I want them to be quick access notes to help, does anyone have any ideas how to make helpful revision notes?
Thank you!

For me I just convert the revision guide and my book notes into word documents. This is and example if it helps:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1blv5abv36a56zf/Economics_AS_Level_Notes_Macroeconomics_%28Finished%29.docx
I organise them by separating definitions and using a lot of bullet points when possible. Mnemonics and / or anagrams help a lot too + Colours help make them easier / nicer to revise from too.
Original post by Glitteringlights
Thank you!

You could try converting your notes into colourful mindmaps, or condensing them down onto flashcards. I like to try and summarise a topic on an A5 card, which helps because it's concise enough to revise from easily and forces you to pick out the key information so you learn the stuff in the process.

Quick Reply

Latest