This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Just for the record the large majority of Japanese students study English lessons for approximately 6 years, during there school life.

This has been the case for a long time now, so nearly every Japanese person under the age of 30 has studied quite a bit of English. However there often nervous to use it.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well thaks for that... what made u say that?
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
well thaks for that... what made u say that?
Good question.
Unregistered1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
This has been the case for a long time now, so nearly every Japanese person under the age of 30 has studied quite a bit of English. However there often nervous to use it.
So?

The fact that a very small percentage (not a large majority like you stated) of people spend that much time on learning it, goes to show little respect or need to master English after their own native one. This is comparatively at a very low rate compared to many other Asian countries.

Why do you think many people ridicule their use of English? (e.g. www.engrish.com) It's because they don't spend much time acquiring the international language as they believe that theirs is far superior.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
7.87%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.48%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (45)
20.83%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (28)
12.96%
No, nothing has changed (72)
33.33%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.52%

Watched Threads