Danny07
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well im pretty confused, im not really sure what careers I can go into with the btec extended diploma. I was wondering will I be able to do optometry or pharmacy with DDD in btec science? If not, what careers can btec science lead to?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
1+5t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Danny07)
Well im pretty confused, im not really sure what careers I can go into with the btec extended diploma. I was wondering will I be able to do optometry or pharmacy with DDD in btec science? If not, what careers can btec science lead to?
You can do radiography, nursing, biomedical science, audiology, engineering, forensic science, healthcare science, computer science, accountancy, ophthalmic dispensing (which can be a stepping stone onto Optometry) and physiotherapy and much more. These all depend on your grades and what uni you apply to.That's all I can of at the moment. For the Pharmacy and Optometry I am not sure if you can do it with Btec science depends on the uni. You may be able to do a foundation degree.

Hope this helps
Danny07
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This really helps mate thanks... Do you know any universities that accept btec for optometry?
Student guest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi. I know I am 3 years late but I’m so confused on what to do. I was thinking of doing something finance based but I’m studying applied science. Wouldn’t that affect my chances?
(Original post by 1+5t)
You can do radiography, nursing, biomedical science, audiology, engineering, forensic science, healthcare science, computer science, accountancy, ophthalmic dispensing (which can be a stepping stone onto Optometry) and physiotherapy and much more. These all depend on your grades and what uni you apply to.That's all I can of at the moment. For the Pharmacy and Optometry I am not sure if you can do it with Btec science depends on the uni. You may be able to do a foundation degree.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.32%
It's just nice to be back! (183)
27.56%
Not great so far... (239)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.13%

Watched Threads