Turn on thread page Beta

Last Minute Clothes for Freshers?! watch

ReputationRep:
    So I only really have one dress that's suitable for going out and my freshers is two weeks long so I'd like to buy a few more things.

However I need it to turn up before next Friday, and I have a limited budget {~£20} so I'd rather not pay for delivery if it can be avoided, and my town only has a small New Look and they don't have what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know a website where I can get cheap clothes? I'm looking for a black body con skirt {like mini skirt length}, black skater dress, and maybe a patterned skirt. I can't find them for cheap anywhere except for those Asian wholesale sites but they won't deliver in time for Freshers :/

I've looked on eBay but everyone puts really high delivery on which racks up the item to more than I can afford.

ReputationRep:
    Everything 5 pounds.com is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    i would say have a look on asos they do student discount and have some really cheap basics items which might be what youre looking for! also delivery is free if you spend £20 so depending what you get this might be good!
    also h&m have a great basics range which is cheap, but im not sure how much their delivery is

ReputationRep:
    Asos is your best bet

ReputationRep:
    Asos is so expensive :// my entire budget is blown just on a plain dress there.

Is everything5pounds legit?? i've seen a fair few bad reviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderstxrms)

tbh i wouldnt risk it with everything5pounds
    asos or h&m is probably the cheapest you will get that is good quality and arrive in time, plain dresses on asos are normally around £10? and skirts are around 6 or 7?
    try h&m as they have dresses for around £7 and skirts maybe 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderstxrms)

I've ordered serveral times from everything 5 pounds.com. Got my favourite pair of shoes from there. Don't worry the site is legit.

If you're worried about bad items only buy ones with good reviews. The reason the items have such mixed reviews is because they all come from different retailers and wholesalers. The site sells a lot of ex-store products, like they've had things on there that are ex-next and ex-riverisland. Also seen things on there that I've definitely recognised from ASOS and BooHoo. Just stock that didn't sell. But then you also have the ones on the lower end of quality/ unbranded. Those ones sometimes have bad reviews. But for the most part the reviews are very positive.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what delivery costs are like but forever21 has some decent clothes that are pretty cheap. Especially the sale items.
    The delivery has always been pretty quick for me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Go on misguided Sale section and Boohoo.com Sometimes they do free delivery and they offer student discount

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.