Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently joined EY as a graduate starter currently one week in.

I feel that I may have made a bad decision in accepting the offer as I'm not sure I'm ready to commit fully to the job.

So I was wondering if theoretically it is possible to defer my job even though I have started it as I would obviously be happy to refund and costs associated with college books etc.

Have you heard of anybody doing this type of thing before or is it too late?

Thanks any response is appreciated.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know of someone who did this but she got glandular fever so had a genuine medical reason to defer. I personally think your own reason might be a bit fluffy to get a deferral, it might be worth talking to your people manager but I think the firms response is likely to be either take it or leave it rather than messing around with deferrals (given you have technically started your job).

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks for the response.

I will probably stick with it. I don't think I'll raise the issue at work as it might get passed on which would then force my hand.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be creating work for HR and your reason isn't good enough. This isn't university, you've made an agreement to work for them.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.