The Student Room Group

warwick vs gap year

Hi!
I'm facing a terrible dilemma concerning what I'll be doing this year.

I have a place in Warwick business school. At the french baccalaureate, I got top results so I want to reapply for cam and LSE in a course that I really want to do, a lot more than A&F. (geography)
Should I go to Warwick (expensive) or take a gap year? For the admission office in cam and LSE, which one of these options will be prefered?
Reply 1
Original post by felicite
Hi!
I'm facing a terrible dilemma concerning what I'll be doing this year.

I have a place in Warwick business school. At the french baccalaureate, I got top results so I want to reapply for cam and LSE in a course that I really want to do, a lot more than A&F. (geography)
Should I go to Warwick (expensive) or take a gap year? For the admission office in cam and LSE, which one of these options will be prefered?

I'm fairly sure Cambridge hates applicants who started at one UK uni then applied there (it's one of the OxBridges definitely). So if you start at Warwick then you have pretty much no chance in your Cambridge application. There's also no point starting a degree if you don't want to finish it, because as you've said it's a waste of money.
Reply 2
if you're not 100% on Warwick then a gap year would give you the time to reevaluate and apply to other universities. Take the time to improve skills and gain new ones - make it worthwhile though! Volunteering is one option, so you have questions about doing that internationally, I'm happy to help. @AventureUK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending